2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hi everyone. Just a quick a note that we’re going to pushing Joomla templates in February. We’ll be holding a small contest that will hopefully generate some more submissions/sales.

So if you have the ability, you might want to start preparing something. :)

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
o_creative says

Woohoo!!! Finally! :)

68 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rblalock says

awesome! I have several templates ready….just need some motivation to submit them. :-)

342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

I kinda thought this might be coming… for Drupal too. I need to get my motivation on the up and up! Ahh a new dodge charger or chrysler 300, now we’re talking, that is some motivation! :)

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I have a question: Why there are so few joomla templates? If you browse by categories, there is only 1 page of joomla templates. And there is more than 500 wp themes. And they are more expensive.

Why is this? Which is harder to code? I worked with joomla but I found it hard to build a custom theme :S

715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says

Personally I find that TF should promote more Joomla, Drupal and Expression Engine templates. I know that there a lot of these CMS sites on the net, so why not make more templates for this.

The authors could then have a larger and more interesting portfolio. I know that I will create more Drupal and Expression Engine Templates if they are more promoted then now.

my 2c

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says
Personally I find that TF should promote more Joomla, Drupal and Expression Engine templates. I know that there a lot of these CMS sites on the net, so why not make more templates for this.

The authors could then have a larger and more interesting portfolio. I know that I will create more Drupal and Expression Engine Templates if they are more promoted then now.

my 2c

My wild guess is that wordpress is more popular and maybe easier. More came down to earth than joomla. Who use joomla might not bee looking for ready made templates. Wordpress has the advantage as they started as a personal blogging system but corrent me if I’m wrong. So somebody who is just a blogger can buy a template here and bam there he/she goes. With joomla it’s more complicated than this. It’s hard to match individual needs with a template. What if I need different stlye on just a group of articles? And the page class suffix is missing from the theme. You set it in vain at the article options, it’s not coded in the template. I guess this problem is lighter on wordpress’ side.

by
by
by
by
by
by