40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
maskeenan says

Hello Guys

I got my joomla templates many times rejected. For now, I have no more idea to polish my templates. I would really love some feedback on what things should I improve or completely change, in order to stand a change of getting this design accepted. Or maybe I should apply as one of envato staff to make my item accepted easily, huh….???

Demo : http://joomla.themesoul.com/engon/index.php

Here some feedbacks from the reviewer

24 August 2011 – Reviewer : Ivor Padilla

We would like to thank you for your submission but are, unfortunately, unable to approve it at this time as it does not meet our current quality requirements. Please continue reading as we’ve explained why we’ve declined your submission.

=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===

1.Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

3. Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The template will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

4. Try to make your template’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

5. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium design.

25 August 2011 – Reviewer : Siddarth

We would like to thank you for your submission but are, unfortunately, unable to approve it at this time as it does not meet our current quality requirements. Please continue reading as we’ve explained why we’ve declined your submission.

Right now, I’m seeing too many small issues that I can’t possibly point out what needs to be fixed. So for now, look to tweak and polish this template. I’ll be more specific after the next revision. For now, please use the following as guidelines:

1. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

2. Overall typography and visual + typograpic hierarchy needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest.

3. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the theme may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium theme.

4. There are lots of basic issues with alignment, color palette and consistency of colors, borders and details.

As I mentioned, this template has a great start but will need improvements before this can be approved.

26 August 2011 – Reviewer : Siddarth

Hey Keenan,

I’m sorry but my earlier review stands. I don’t think this is ready yet.

Here are some examples of some issues that you should consider making:

1. Try settling on a border radius. I’m seeing 3+ for no good reason. Plus, this mixed with normal borders makes the design feel very chaotic.

2. Lots of contrast issues. White on bright orange is a very bad idea.

3. There are still a lot of inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design.

4. Try to unify the overall typography. Pay attention to the font face you’re using too—each font has a personality and needs to be used appropriately.

Please keep in mind that this is just an example—pointing out each and every issue is just not feasible. Try and apply this feedback to the rest of the design

27 August 2011 – Reviewer : Ivor Padilla

Please take your time to improve this, your previous reviews stands. There’s no significant changes and improvements since your last rejection.

There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The template will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium design.

08 September 2011 – Reviewer : Ivor Padilla

I’m sorry Keenan your latest review stands. There’s no significant improvements and changes, right now your template does not provide the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.
88 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
hainug says

Hi Maskeenan… I was always impressed with your design, I just do not understand why there should be a sofa? Try to replace it with City silhouette or may be google map

221 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
Foos says

I like the theme and the whole design.

But you have to change typography. It is very important! Also I dislike the hover effects in the navigation. You should change this.

443 posts Don't be a HATER!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
webinpixels says

Maskeenan :) -

- nice design, some of things (just my 2cents):

1). Bad menu bar background and the background of the dropdowns and parent menu( on hover ) – try to reduce the inner glow effect

2). Body font color is bad – hard to read them – check this to get some idea http://contrastrebellion.com/

3). Portfolio hover effect – bad animation (bit odd i think) and hard to read the text

4). General design are too greyish (maybe make the body background more lighter will help the contrast between elements)

I also agree with Sidd’s review on 26 August

1. Try settling on a border radius. I’m seeing 3+ for no good reason. Plus, this mixed with normal borders makes the design feel very chaotic.

3. There are still a lot of inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design.

4. Try to unify the overall typography. Pay attention to the font face you’re using too—each font has a personality and needs to be used appropriately.

again just my 2 cents :)

Good luck

40 posts
+3 more
maskeenan says
Foos said
I like the theme and the whole design. But you have to change typography. It is very important! Also I dislike the hover effects in the navigation. You should change this.

Hello Foos,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. the templates you see now after having many revision process (based on reviewer suggestion). By the way, I’m not so obsessed to put this template on themeforest.

Have a nice day Keenan

40 posts
+3 more
maskeenan says
webinpixels said
Maskeenan :)

- nice design, some of things (just my 2cents):

1). Bad menu bar background and the background of the dropdowns and parent menu( on hover ) – try to reduce the inner glow effect

2). Body font color is bad – hard to read them – check this to get some idea http://contrastrebellion.com/

3). Portfolio hover effect – bad animation (bit odd i think) and hard to read the text

4). General design are too greyish (maybe make the body background more lighter will help the contrast between elements)

I also agree with Sidd’s review on 26 August

again just my 2 cents :)

Good luck

Thank you very much for your suggestion mas Webinpixels, I’ll keep and have your suggestion for my next templates. Because I’m not obsessed anymore to put this template on themeforest. Your suggestion makes me realize that this templates need so many improvement. Strangely, there are many other joomla templates with limited features, ordinary deign and looked like unfinished design could be approved to be on themeforest, and even priced higher $45.

Again thank you very much, and good luck for your sales. Salam kenal mas,

Keenan

by
by
by
by
by
by