6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
sandsmedia says

Hi im a PHP programmer but im new to joomla. I just purchased this template and i have no idea how to get it working.

I uploaded the joomla files to my ftp and installed the platform and didnt load the sample data. I then tried to add the template but it doesnt work.

can someone give me some step by step instructions on how to get started. thanks.

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Why not use wordpress, this is easier to learn

443 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+4 more
readactor says
I uploaded the joomla files to my ftp and installed the platform and didnt load the sample data. I then tried to add the template but it doesnt work.

are you sure you had set the rite permissions for joomla folders?

6 posts
sandsmedia says

I dont get any error messages when installing. Basically the folder contains a quickstart folder that contains the installation files for joomla with the new template attached.

I install it, and everything seems to work smoothly. No error messages or anything.

I then go into the administrator control panel and turn on the template i bought and then when i view the page, all i see is the background colour and a red box for where the logo is supposed to be (which means it cant find the image for the logo) and thats it.

Im assuming there are more steps involved…

appreciate the help.

T.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

I haven’t worked with Joomla in awhile now that I’ve gotten so into Wordpress… but if I remember correctly…

Usually, when you install a Joomla template you upload the ZIP package through your Joomla admin panel (with joomla already installed) and it extracts into the correct place for you and sets it up in the database. Some more advanced Joomla templates comes with a whole install everything at once feature (like all the RocketTheme templates)... but generally I don’t think that’s the way your average template is.

Did the theme you purchased come with install instructions? Did it says to upload the files via FTP before installing Joomla?

137 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Graphitizer says

If you have a quickstart of the theme then a database (.sql/.txt) file should come along with it. While installing the quickstart joomla package, during the installation phase you must install the sample data by clicking to the “Install sample data” button after you click it, it must say that “Sample data has been successfully installed”. OR you might have to install the extra sample data for the template manually using phpmyadmin. It depends on the developer whether you need to manually install the database file or the sample data install will do the trick.

Regards, Avinash

6 posts
sandsmedia says

thanks guys. I will give all suggestions a shot and get back to you with the outcome.

Very much appreciated.

If it helps the template i purchased was

http://themeforest.net/item/asthana-realty-joomla-template/86251

thanks

443 posts
+4 more
readactor says
I dont get any error messages when installing. Basically the folder contains a quickstart folder that contains the installation files for joomla with the new template attached.

I install it, and everything seems to work smoothly. No error messages or anything.

I then go into the administrator control panel and turn on the template i bought and then when i view the page, all i see is the background colour and a red box for where the logo is supposed to be (which means it cant find the image for the logo) and thats it.

Im assuming there are more steps involved…

appreciate the help.

T.

then you dont hv problem with joomla template installation. the template is instaled, but you dont have any data or modules installed, what is a different matter.

read yr readme / help file from purchased theme, or install the quickstart like AvianshGurung mentioned.

regards

6 posts
sandsmedia says

Okay i installed the quickstart and the website looks great but then it wont allow me to login as the administrator to make any changes. I looked in the database and the admin password is encrypted. Is there anyway to get the admin password???

I then tried to install a blank version of joomla and this worked. I then installed the template and this worked. Now im trying to add the modules but there are so many positions how do i configure it so everything is in the correct position?

Im assuming i need to look at the quickstart template and use the same values but as said before i cant get access to the admin area.

I have added the footer and header and they appear as modules but i cant get them to appear in the proper position.

Any help would be appreciated…

443 posts
+4 more
readactor says
Is there anyway to get the admin password???

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_reset_my_Joomla_administrator_password.html

ps. is hard to believe the author didnt write the login data for quickstart in the help file from theme. sure you read it?

by
by
by
by
by
by