243 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
creativestuff says

Hi people, I am working on a html+js webpage and I use some Jquery animations (mostly fadeIn, fadeOut) and I’m having problem with displaying it on firefox…

as I mentioned Its working fine on IE and Opera smooth animation but on FF there is a lag in the animation… I searched on the net and found that others had same problems… but I didn’t found a solution for it… Is it only my browser messing up? or I am doing something wrong? please help… (I have a core 2 duo 4gb ram laptop with 512 ram videocard so I don’t think that my pc would be weak for this)

(I am advanced in Flash but.. working with JS only for some weeks…)

Check out here.. when the content slides in … you can see the lag…

here is the page http://www.djoli.eu/test/

(I use Fade for the BG with setInterval o 10000 , fade for the title in the footer only when title changes, and Animate for the content slide in… )

I also updated the js to 1.4.2… it helped a little… but the still lagging…

243 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
creativestuff says

oh.. and its working fine when testing it with xampp on localhost too…, I am loading the content with ajax method…

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Why have you got script loading outside of your closing html tag ?

Try loading js in the footer

267 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
ceasar says

JS error on the page (IE8)

if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7 +, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); } else

xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); is the problem

243 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
creativestuff says

yeah..got it… but that isn’t the answer for my question….

296 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
theninja says

You should never load jQuery from “http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js”, I’ve seen it done time and again but all it will do is waste their bandwidth and slow down your page’s loading times. :P
Instead use “http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js” :)
See if that gets rid of the lag, although it’s not that noticeable.

243 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
creativestuff says
You should never load jQuery from “http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js”, I’ve seen it done time and again but all it will do is waste their bandwidth and slow down your page’s loading times. :P
Instead use “http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js” :)
See if that gets rid of the lag, although it’s not that noticeable.

yeah..that is true got the point but the problem isn’t that … the weird part is that on my pc on localhost (with xammp) its working perfectly so .. it must come from some server side part of the JS script… and the only thing that can be considered as server side… is the XMLHttpRequest which I use to load the content into the container div…

by
by
by
by
by
by