323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

I’m working on a jQuery news slider and have gotten the core functionality of it done. I won’t link to it but it’s similar to this one in the way that it scrolls: http://activeden.net/files/18432/index.html The problem is that it’s not perfectly smooth when you scroll. Send me an email if your interested and I will pay for the time or if you would rather use it in your projects we can share ownership. thanks
ps – I’m not using any plugins so will need to know a good deal of js

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

Why not try using a plugin? There are some good jQuery easing plugins that can help smooth out your transitions. I used one in my last project and was pretty happy with it. Maybe something like this?

171 posts
+4 more
clarklab says

Also, you’re in Austin too? Small world. What side of town you on?

323 posts
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

For the most part I don’t use plugins. I think you learn a lot more by not using them however there are times where it just makes sense to use a plugin. I may have to use a plugin for this but will try to work it out without one first.
I’m down south by 290 & Mopac. Isn’t Austin great, it’s what allowed me to go completely freelance however a company in Australia that I do some work for is moving to Austin in March and I may give up freelancing.

171 posts
+4 more
clarklab says

Yea, I love it. I was in San Marcos for a couple years and finally moved up for a full time job. We are looking to hire an on-site freelancer for the next few months (maybe more). Might you be interested?

171 posts
+4 more
clarklab says

Also I guess I should mention I’m not the one in charge of hiring (just a front end dev) so you’d probably have to interview with my supervisor. We’ve just been looking for months and haven’t found anyone so they’ve asked us all to get the word out.

323 posts
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

A little sleep and some thinking and it’s come out better than I ever expected and I will have it on my next template.

@clarklab – I sent you an email.

by
by
by
by
by
by