725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I was thinking today that there should be a page in the KB authors can relate back to for jQuery issues.

For example 99% of the time someone emails me claiming a plugin is broken or does not work, they are running multiple versions of jQuery or have other custom JS, plugins, or theme code running that is not jQuery noConflict compliant.

I think having a page right on Envato that gives users a diagnosis and links / solutions on how to fix the issues would come in handy for many. While explaining this in support tickets is possible its time consuming and sometimes even makes situations worse when you come across a stubborn buyer who refuses to believe there could possibly be anything wrong with their site or theme.

Being able to send a canned response in reference to a detailed KB entry would be great :D

5348 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

We could do this as a community here on CodeCanyon. Back in the day I started a thread for common Flash F.A.Q.’s over on ActiveDen and have been sending the forum link to customers ever since :)

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

Looks like thats what I will be doing! Will get some resources together and post it sometime soon.

293 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
amatyr4n says

Exactly, 68% of the time :D would be great if there’s a dedicated page for some explanations and a list of solutions, although I guess it’s somewhat complicated for average wordpress users who aren’t even familiar with html/js moreover debugging tools like firebug

330 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+14 more
WebFactory says

Yes, we do need something like that! If we can make it (semi)official or at least endorsed by Envato it would be great! If it’s going to be a comunity effort we’ll help as much as possible!

5348 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Looks like thats what I will be doing! Will get some resources together and post it sometime soon.

Sweet :). A suggestion: When you make it, ask that the thread be reserved for F.A.Q.’s only (no comments) to try and keep it focussed for buyers to read.

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ilikecoding says

This would be great idea, everyone can save lot of time

by
by
by
by