• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemeKioken says

I’m considering switching to mootools since I personally think Mootools helps render the animations and effects with a better ease on browsers and more cross plugin compatibility.

Though jquery has gone even more popular and has 2x more variety of plugins, I started to think that the samples I’ve seen and done so far are never as umm sexy as Mootools driven effects.

Do you agree, or am I just being a freak?

364 posts Onuro
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeKioken says

erm, could you guys just ignore the newer duplicate thread? result of my buggy connection, heh =)

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

well I’ve not seen a difference in performance between the two but I’ve also never tested for such differences. I don’t know why I choose jQuery when I started using a framework but I am happy that I did. I recently started using more plugins rather than coding something and I’ve found that documentation for them is usually lacking for most. As for plugins it’s simply a trial and error…I started using scrollable on a recent project and come to realize that it must be one of the worst, so I scrapped it and started using something else.

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

I started off about 2.5 years ago using mootools then switched to jQuery because the library file size is much smaller minified, and the community is much larger.

mootools (min) – 75 kb

jQuery (min) – 55.9 kb

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

I think it’s also important to consider the community. jQuery is easily the number one library, by a rather large margin.

From a ThemeForest buyer’s point of view, your templates will be more successful if you’re using the most popular tools – for obvious reasons.

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
I’m considering switching to mootools since I personally think Mootools helps render the animations and effects with a better ease on browsers and more cross plugin compatibility.

Though jquery has gone even more popular and has 2x more variety of plugins, I started to think that the samples I’ve seen and done so far are never as umm sexy as Mootools driven effects.

Do you agree, or am I just being a freak?
I am of the thought that you should use whatever works best for you. The one thing I can’t stand is the mootools vs jQuery debate. It reminds me of little kids arguing over whose toys are better :P

So, if it works for you, by all means use it :)

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
erm, could you guys just ignore the newer duplicate thread? result of my buggy connection, heh =)

Oh Onur man, where have you been? Good to see you back ;)

615 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
Kriesi says

I agree with Drew here, just use whatever works best for you, and if you think you can create effects with mootools that are much sexier than similar jQuery effects go with it.

The experience i made: if a user knows a framework its not too hard to work with another. If they dont know how to edit javascript at all, they will have problems, regardless of the framework you use :)

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
mayoosuf says
I think it’s also important to consider the community. jQuery is easily the number one library, by a rather large margin. From a ThemeForest buyer’s point of view, your templates will be more successful if you’re using the most popular tools – for obvious reasons.

True, but for most of the enterprise and Industrial user, folks uses the prototype as well as Yahoo UI.

eg:- Mozilla Foundation usess the YUI Apple,inc usess the Prototype

So Jeff, better to welcome all, then you can make categorize via the javascript framework to.

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
AdrianMG says

jQuery is in other level at this moment ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by