• Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
IshYoBoy says

Seems to be an official WP 3.6 Bug and according to the ticket below:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24994

The solution would be to remove the 2nd line from “wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js”. Although this is a very nasty practice (editing core files) it seems this will be the solution i the next update based on the issue tracker above.

changing:

/*! jQuery v1.10.2 | (c) 2005, 2013 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license 
//@ sourceMappingURL=jquery-1.10.2.min.map 
*/
to:
/*! jQuery v1.10.2 | (c) 2005, 2013 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license 
*/

How are you guys solving the issue on your side?

586 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

After all I’m not alone :)
The weird thing is that I think that this only started yesterday. And it only happens on some Chrome browsers. If you want to turn that off on your browser http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18365315/jquerys-jquery-1-10-2-min-map-is-triggering-a-404-not-found
Anyway, touching any file on the wp-includes is totally forbidden to me.

1476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

I guess we will have to wait for 3.6.1

351 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
QBKL says

This issue appeared since WP started using jQuery 1.10.2.

This issue does not lie withing WordPress itself, it’s not a WP bug there, but rather in certain plugins calling a jQuery plugin function called jQuery.BlockUI. This function requires jQuery 1.2.3 (or 1.3) in order to work and when the checking happens and matches against 1.10.2, it fails since it would need a leading 0 to make a good comparison like:

1.02.3 < 1.10.2 < 1.2.3

Unfortunately, the only thing that can fix this is making sure all plugins are up to date, particularly the ones that reference this BlockUI function as the newer updated versions of that jQuery plugin have the new comparison model incorporated.

586 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

This issue does not lie withing WordPress itself, it’s not a WP bug there, but rather in certain plugins calling a jQuery plugin function called jQuery.BlockUI. This function requires jQuery 1.2.3 (or 1.3) in order to work and when the checking happens and matches against 1.10.2, it fails since it would need a leading 0 to make a good comparison like:

1.02.3 < 1.10.2 < 1.2.3

Unfortunately, the only thing that can fix this is making sure all plugins are up to date, particularly the ones that reference this BlockUI function as the newer updated versions of that jQuery plugin have the new comparison model incorporated.
Allow me to disagree… On a fresh Wordpress install with the twenty thirteen theme I have this issue too. No plugins active…
1133 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

1.02.3 < 1.10.2 < 1.2.3

Allow me to disagree… On a fresh Wordpress install with the twenty thirteen theme I have this issue too. No plugins active…

This error doesn’t appear only in Wordpress. I have it in one of my HTML templates that use JQuery 1.10.2. And it doesn’t load any plugins it’s just the library.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
lup says

I got rid of this error by going to console “General” settings and disabling “Enable source maps”. I guess chrome needs an update.

88 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
hainug says

Hm… It’s really strange, previously i don’t get this kind of error, i just get this an hour ago…

351 posts
+5 more
QBKL says

As lup said, as a developer you can get rid of this error by disabling “Enable source maps” in Chrome settings.

This error apparently only shows up when using the “DevTools” (Inspect Element etc.) as it’s an “interpretation map” for minified code from what I understand.

This means that any regular user/visitor will never be bothered by this error, provided they won’t use the DevTools, and functionality and usability will not be affected.

Clearly not a WordPress bug, no matter how fresh or old the install is, clean or jam-packed with plugins.

332 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

Today I’ve noticed another strange thing.

At the moment, I’m developing few WP themes. I’m using LESS for development (just including less.js) and it seems like Chrome refuses to rerender styles generated by LESS. Basically, I had to add ?ver=<?php echo the_time(); ?> at the end of my styles.less include to see the changes :S Pretty strange. If I remember correctly, Chrome was updated the day before yesterday / yesterday?

Tom

by
by
by
by
by
by