1293 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

This week is very strange for us. The first week of June was awesome the best sales on our Popular Page Theme for weeks and this week it dropped by half with no apparent reason :O I am worried we will drop from the popular page… I am constantly trying to check if there is anything wrong with the preview but I cannot find anything, this is driving me crazy.

Sometimes we had a sudden drop for 1-2 days but the whole week?! Creepy…

P.S The only thing that I have changed is to remove tones of warez links at the end of last week, but as far as logic goes this should help the sales… :O

Maybe people are watching World Cup games :D

2195 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

This week is very strange for us. The first week of June was awesome the best sales on our Popular Page Theme for weeks and this week it dropped by half with no apparent reason :O I am worried we will drop from the popular page… I am constantly trying to check if there is anything wrong with the preview but I cannot find anything, this is driving me crazy.

P.S The only thing that I have changed is to remove tones of warez links at the end of last week, but as far as logic goes this should help the sales… :O

It started on monday ;P Not thursday :)

1293 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+7 more
ImanGM says

It started on monday ;P Not thursday :)

Then maybe they were preparing for it since Monday :))

769 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

@mpc funny fact: me too, after removing w@rez, had a drop last week :D

Anyway this is my chart from May 31st

Mega drop on weekends and this week also on Thursday, while traffic from Analytics seems fine.
Would be really interesting to know the cause behind this instability..

377 posts
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Maybe warez links were used only as a pre-purchase test drive of the theme :)

-George

2195 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Maybe warez links were used only as a pre-purchase test drive of the theme :)

-George

I thought about it too, we will see but how can I test it, re-upload the warezes? :P

LCweb what kind of stats are those? :)

188 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ZeroLink says

@mpc funny fact: me too, after removing w@rez, had a drop last week :D

Anyway this is my chart from May 31st

Mega drop on weekends and this week also on Thursday, while traffic from Analytics seems fine.
Would be really interesting to know the cause behind this instability..

Hopefully it’s due to the summer. This is my first summer on here and aside from one of my smaller projects doing ok, sales have fallen on my other projects big time. Is it just a newbie feeling to feel that your projects won’t sell anymore after going a few days with low to no sales?

44 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
FastWP says

On our analytics this sites generates o lot of visits :-) we filled a few DMCA to files hosting companys – not so sure if will help or not.

769 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LCweb says

I thought about it too, we will see but how can I test it, re-upload the warezes? :P LCweb what kind of stats are those? :)

I’m against w@rez in any case, specially if they serve last version of my plugins! :D

Stats are from Envastats. Pink bars are sales, blue is for earnings.

669 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
Typps says

This is indeed the worst week of a horrible month. Hopefully, it is just a phase. There is no logic to the pattern. It would be nice if staff shared with us what they know about the drop in sales. Quite frankly, things have been going downhill since the past 2 months.

I was just lucky enough to have pushed a new item a month ago, but not even that is helping this month :P

When things get this bad i.e. unpredictable, I like to have a backup plan, an alternate plan. Something I will be working more towards from now on.

What throws me off is the top sellers. Most I have observed have an increase in sales. Not all, but the ones in the top 20 certainly do.If there is a drop, it is negligible. How ?

Marketing is one of those things I wanted to stay clear off, but now it is becoming more important than ever.

by
by
by
by
by
by