1427 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

The point is if you don’t get an item on most popular you don’t have much of chance and the item will eventually die off. For example one of the top authors with an top item, has 50+ items and they only represent 25% of his income everything else is coming from that single item. That is a scary very scary stat.

But that is an example i don’t know the whole statistics, but top is top and once you get on most popular u have a better chance of earning decent money.

But i was wondering how much of the sales on themeforest in % of the whole income represent the most popular items?

42 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
FastWP says

The point is if you don’t get an item on most popular you don’t have much of chance and the item will eventually die off. For example one of the top authors with an top item, has 50+ items and they only represent 25% of his income everything else is coming from that single item. That is a scary very scary stat.

But that is an example i don’t know the whole statistics, but top is top and once you get on most popular u have a better chance of earning decent money.

But i was wondering how much of the sales on themeforest in % of the whole income represent the most popular items?

This might not be entire true (hopefully). We had a item on a shared account which was on popular themes for 2-3 weeks (made about 300 sales) about 1 year ago and from then made over 1000 sales , slowly but steady. If you constantly generate traffic for your page (new items) i think that chances are to keep the old items from die off :-)

1427 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

We are talking about big sales that is why it can still generate but you have to have a big amount of items to generate a decent amount of money.

2182 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+14 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

This might not be entire true (hopefully). We had a item on a shared account which was on popular themes for 2-3 weeks (made about 300 sales) about 1 year ago and from then made over 1000 sales , slowly but steady. If you constantly generate traffic for your page (new items) i think that chances are to keep the old items from die off :-)

Yeah but on the most popular page you would make 1000 sales in 1-2 months… getting to most popular is one thing and staying there is a totally different story.

220 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Serbia
BrancoG says

so this week is 60% lower in sales than the last one…hope next one will be better :/

982 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

It has something to do with search algorithm testing. I think there is some sort of testing on the marketplaces, related to the sales boost

This is what you can see in the search results page code:
<meta content="original" name="WT.new_sorting_method_test" /> <meta content="80" name="WT.sales_boost_test" /> <meta content="control" name="WT.qs_branch" />

The WT.sales_boost_test changed during all week and the search results were different every time when WT.sales_boost_test had another value. (one day it was 100, next day was 40 I think, next the line of code was not there, now it’s there and equal with 80, etc)

10 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Bangladesh Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
xenioushk says

25 sales so far :)

162 posts
    Won a Most Wanted contest Had an item featured in an Envato Pack Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
EasyDevelopment says

Dropped from 10-15 weekly sales to 3. Pretty fun, hope it will get better, I love to see sales :), anyway, a good reason to motivate me to work harder in the future

72 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
axool says

Really slow for me too. Only 1 sale during the past five days… Never seen that since I’m an author on CodeCanyon :zipped:

1738 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Not too good but still better than May anyway..

by
by
by
by
by
by