24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
zzap says

Hello everyone,
this is sort of feedback so I hope it’s in the right place. I’m pretty new in this community but quite familiar with web communities in general and I believe I can say that I have seen a lot – from disasters to cozy, warm family group hugs (I have learned English in one of those). Stepping into new community can be odd for me (or, perhaps, it’s more or less the same for everyone) and feels kind of cold. And this is perfectly fine, I find it as a quite normal instance. There’s always a reasonable doubt whether you should ask something or not, rare or missing response when you actually ask something in forum, “shy” approach from both sides, newcomers and natives…Oddness becomes even heavier when you willingly apply to be “evaluated” (I do realise this is a strong term for what is happening with reviewing uploaded items, it’s just for the sake of drama) but by doing so you learn a lot about yourself. I’m not really a fan of these beginnings, however, my experience so far tells me there’s a huge benefit for me (and, maybe, for the others as well) when oddness goes away.

So, when I have finally took the guts to contact support, what a wonderful surprise waited for me! You know this guy, Brad, who kindly inform you that he is going to forward your mail to the review staff? I don’t know if he uses templates or not, and I don’t care. His emails are warm and welcoming and makes you want to open tickets every day…but I really hate to bother people. Hi Brad :)

Then there’s a clarification email. I have mostly received these from kailoon. What a person! His advices are clear, detailed, supporting…I mean, you can feel that he’s cheering for you (even if he’s just doing his job). Most importantly, he gives you inspiration to learn more and become better. I really want to reply there with a huge “THANK YOU ” but then I realised that it would reopen the ticked…and I really, really hate to bother people.

Anyway, I still haven’t achieved quality standards for ThemeForest PSD templates but I believe I have come far from my day one here, and all thanks to these wonderful people and their guidance. All I can do is keep on learning and trying.

Thank you,
Milana

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Hi Milana!

That’s very cool of you to take the time write such lovely feedback about the support team and the reviewers. They really are an amazing group of people and it’s true what you said: they’re truly rooting for us to succeed even through the rejections.

You have the right attitude for being a member of this community and I’m personally very glad you’re here. :)

Keep trying. Work harder. Take that feedback from Kailoon (and all the reviewers) seriously and you’ll make it!

Thanks again and I wish you the best!

21 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
cookiedough says

I’d like to echo what Milana has said and add my own thanks.

I’m still working on getting my first theme approved and I’d like to say that the responses from Siddharth have been helpful and very quick.

I had read somewhere on the forums of people complaining that reviewers never got back to them and that the reviewing process takes too long but I have to say that is not the experience I have had.

So thanks to Siddharth and the rest of the reviewers and fingers crossed both Milana and myself will have some work on here very soon.

Thanks Andy

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

@zzap welcome to the forest! I really impressed by your attitude and your first submission has lot of potential, even though it is rejected, but I know you can improve it.

See you soon ( in the queue :P )

24 posts
  • Located in Europe
zzap says
JamiGibbs said
... I’m personally very glad you’re here. :)

Thank you very much. I already feel that oddness going away :)

cookiedoughcreative said
... fingers crossed both Milana and myself will have some work on here very soon.

Fingers crossed back to you and all the others trying to learn and advance.

kailoon said
@zzap welcome to the forest! I really impressed by your attitude and your first submission has lot of potential, even though it is rejected, but I know you can improve it. See you soon ( in the queue :P )

Thank you and you can bet that we will see soon :)

5561 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

That’s great news. It’s always awesome to hear nice things about our community. Welcome! :)

2710 posts
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

It takes just as much effort to share a compliment as it does to criticize or hurt someone yet most of us often overlook sharing words of praise.

Thanks Milana for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I think you’ve just made a lot of people happy, not just Brad and Kailoon. :) Welcome to one of the best kept secrets on the Web – the Envato community/family! :)

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Milana,

Your words are very kind! You has the skills to be successful in ThemeForest and you’re doing it good by assuming this attitude.

I’d love to see more of your work and you’re always welcome to request more feedback by emailing support.

PS — Now I feel bad for rejecting one of your templates. :impatient:

643 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
navigator says

@Milana, @Andy

Welcome ;)

24 posts
  • Located in Europe
zzap says

Well, I didn’t expect this amount of response. Another nice surprise for me :) I don’t know what is tradition here but to me this would be moment for group hug Photobucket

Ivor said
PS — Now I feel bad for rejecting one of your templates. :impatient:

Awww….don’t feel bad, I’ve learned some very cool stuff since then.

by
by
by
by
by
by