11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
n7best says

Just start my first template, learn from here and there. Took me roughly 2 days of time beside works. Looking for some suggestions.:D:D

n7best.com

1833 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+13 more
SamBerson says

Work on the typography, seriously :)

11 posts
+2 more
n7best says

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin: I tried to take some class on typography but I it’s just so complicated for me! :crying: any recommendation though?

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin: I tried to take some class on typography but I it’s just so complicated for me! :crying: any recommendation though?

Just Google typography, web typography, etc. An easy first step is use serif fonts for print, non serif for web. Once you get better at it, try serif for headings only, if you like. It takes real skill to make typography look right, so get ready for a long road ahead of practice, practice, practice.

11 posts
+2 more
n7best says

Just Google typography, web typography, etc. An easy first step is use serif fonts for print, non serif for web. Once you get better at it, try serif for headings only, if you like. It takes real skill to make typography look right, so get ready for a long road ahead of practice, practice, practice.

Thank you for the advice! I always confuse about how you suppose to practice typography, like I think it’s right, probably looks horrible for a experienced designer. I guess i need a teacher.

1208 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Smartik says

The best way to understand a thing is to see it in action. Look in a journal(real, printed on paper) how it is done, you’ll never find a better example. ;)

621 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

To get started, try to stick to one single font for the whole website. In many cases, it works better than trying to “mix it up” with different fonts, sizes, colours.. get some consistency.

The other point you need to improve – and it’s directly related to your typography – is your baseline grid (or vertical rhythm). Try having the same vertical space between each bits of text, backgrounds, etc.. At the moment your section headings are squashed – give them more space above (from start of section background) and under, let your content breathe..

Good luck – don’t give up!

by
by
by
by
by
by