76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Do most of you authors here get different reviewers for the different products you submit to Graphic River? Do you find that you have the same reviewer reviewing the majority of your submissions? Or has your experience with the number of reviewers that review your submissions been balanced?

I’m very curious of this.

In my experience here; it seems the majority of my submissions are being reviewed by a specific reviewer. I wonder if there is some kind of process of assigning authors to specific reviewers that takes place. Perhaps certain reviewers review items submitted to a certain range of categories? Not sure how it works but I’d love to know your experiences.

793 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Amrhamza says

i get different ones , like 4 or 5 of them

3785 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Like you said, they have different reviewers on the different categories.

76 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

i get different ones , like 4 or 5 of them

And would you say the majority of your submissions have been in one or a few categories? Or do you typically submit files to a wide range of item categories?

76 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Like you said, they have different reviewers on the different categories.

I would assume so; yet my experience seems to suggest otherwise. I’ve been taking notice of the submissions I have made, purposely trying to see if there is a difference in reviewers when I submit products to different categories. Early on in my experience there seemed to be different reviewers; but as I submitted more files it seemed the range of reviewers taking on my submissions narrowed.

I know for some that might be a good thing; especially when considering the review processes related to soft-rejections (many authors here seem to approve the the same reviewer focusing on their submissions).

One of my latest submissions was made to the Print Templates > Food Menu category. It will be intriguing to see if I receive the same reviewer that handled my submissions for the Graphics > Illustrations > Characters category and the Print Templates > Flyers > Events category.

793 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Amrhamza says

one category different reiewers

28 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
notroyal says

Good question .

76 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says
Amrhamza said- “one category different reiewers”

Interesting. Very different in my case.

neopeaks said- “Good question .”

Yeah, I think it really is.

Here’s the update…

The file I submitted to the Print Templates > Food Menu category was also reviewed by the same reviewer who handled my submissions for the Graphics > Illustrations > Characters category and the Print Templates > Flyers > Events category.

So out of 16 files I’ve submitted, 12 of them were reviewed by the same reviewer (13 approved, 3 soft rejected). These files spanned over 4 different categories:

Vectors > Characters (3 submissions – different reviewers)

Print Templates > Flyers > Events (2 submissions – single reviewer+)

Graphics > Illustrations > Characters (7 submissions – single reviewer+)

Add-ons > Photoshop > Styles (1 submission – single reviewer)

Web Elements > Social Media > Facebook Timeline Covers (1 submission – single reviewer+)

Graphics > Miscellaneous (1 submission – single reviewer+)

Print Templates > Food Menu (1 submission – single reviewer+)

The ”+” shows the files handled by my main reviewer. Is it normal to have one reviewer focusing on the majority of your submissions?

29 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
bennyroberts says

What does it really matter? I think there are a certain team of reviewers for each marketplace, not neccesarily each category within graphicriver. So, what would be wrong with a reviewer reviewing multiple categories within graphicriver if that is their job to be a “graphicriver reviewer”?

I really don’t understand what you are trying to get out of this question. I’m sure all the reviewers are trained to review all categories and such.

76 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

What does it really matter? I think there are a certain team of reviewers for each marketplace, not neccesarily each category within graphicriver. So, what would be wrong with a reviewer reviewing multiple categories within graphicriver if that is their job to be a “graphicriver reviewer”? I really don’t understand what you are trying to get out of this question. I’m sure all the reviewers are trained to review all categories and such.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a reviewer reviewing multiple categories within Graphic River. There are no complaints being made here. I think it would better help both Graphic River staff and its Contributors/Authors if we understood each other’s processes and preferences a little more.

You are probably right about the reviewers being trained to review all categories. There are a number of things we can learn from asking a question like this:

1. More information about the review process (possible reviewer preferences in file types/authors, factors contributing to the timing of the review process, and more.)

2. Author preferences (the positive and/or negatives of having many, or few reviewers focusing on their file submissions)

3. How we can assist reviewers (If we understand the load certain reviewers may be dealing with [if they are assigned to focus on specific categories or not] we as authors may want to aid by creating items that can be submitted to other categories. For example, if there are a large number of submissions being made to the “Print > Flyer” category and certain reviewers are being overwhelmed, it could be a good thing for authors to try designing vector-based flyers; which may even cause a new category to form in the vector section. We would never know this if we didn’t understand things on the Reviewer’s end.)

4. Just sharing our thoughts on this topic may enable us to come up with some good ideas that can be shared with Envato to improve their market places.

Sharing our experiences with one another can lead to brainstorming, which in turn, can lead to positive, constructive ideas being suggested to Envato and its staff.

by
by
by
by
by
by