23 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
dbydesign says

Hi Guys

i am still fairly new to the market place and was thinking of starting to upload some site designs and possibly some HTML templates. I am a little rusty with my xhtml and css and was wondering is it acceptable on this market place to build sites in photoshop and then use sitegrinder to turn it into a site template for sale? sorry if this question has been asked in the past.

dbydesign

faevilangel_designs
faevilangel_designs Recent Posts Threads Started
83 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

As long as the code is clean and is w3c compliant, then it should get accepted. It also needs to be in divs and not tables

If you’re rusty with css /html, i would go and relearn it so you know what you’re doing

www.w3schools.com, www.css-tutorials.co.uk, and www.tizag.com are sites that can help you

960 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Have you considered just selling PSD files to start with? That way you can gauge how popular your template will be rahter than wasting time and effort coding it all up. Just a thought.

I’ve never used Site Grinder, but I do know that over at NETTUTS they’ve done quite a few PSD to HTML screencasts that you might find useful.

There’s always ReviewMyDesign.net if you simply want a quick and dirty review or just post image in here :-)

23 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
dbydesign says

Many thanks for the advice guys i will start getting my first design uploaded as sugested and see where that takes me

by
by
by
by
by
by