519 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Paulnomade says

Many people have mentioned the problem of bad ratings. Customers giving low rateing should be forced to justify their opinion. It would be good for both parties. Every designer wants to make higher quality products and these customers opinions would be helpful. Did envato refered to this solution?

256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
corrella says

You are right. It would really help to know what’s the reason for bad ratings. We had a thread for this problem, but I don’t know if envato is working on this.

2097 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

What i find hard with the whole process is the fact, it should really be impossible to get 1,2 or 3 star rating as we have to get through the approval process, i think star just may not be the way forward, i heard someone mention a like button.

I think the best solution would be an endorse button so it was about the amount of endorsements rather than grade as all the item are supposed to be of a high quality!

1295 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
IngeniousArtist says

I think the best solution would be an endorse button so it was about the amount of endorsements rather than grade as all the item are supposed to be of a high quality!

Like the idea! +1 There should also be something like this… if someone rates below 3 stars or something there should come a pop up box saying “Could you please tell us why didn’t you like it?”

that would be great :)
1030 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

What i find hard with the whole process is the fact, it should really be impossible to get 1,2 or 3 star rating as we have to get through the approval process, i think star just may not be the way forward, i heard someone mention a like button. I think the best solution would be an endorse button so it was about the amount of endorsements rather than grade as all the item are supposed to be of a high quality!

Like this idea much more then additional explanation of bad rating. I think if ppl will be forced to write the reason, they will write lies about the file and it can hurts much more then the rating itself.

519 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Paulnomade says

What i find hard with the whole process is the fact, it should really be impossible to get 1,2 or 3 star rating as we have to get through the approval process, i think star just may not be the way forward, i heard someone mention a like button. I think the best solution would be an endorse button so it was about the amount of endorsements rather than grade as all the item are supposed to be of a high quality!

you’re right, it is a better idea

by
by
by
by
by
by