• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

How many fonts have you used for this – I might be wrong but it looks like you’ve got a few too many here puls the get a quote button rolls onto a new line in FireFox.

You’ve got rounded corners in some places and then harsh squares for images – you need to make this more consistent.

Footer looks good. Not sure about the second footer section but I’m assuming that’s optional.

Also re the footer – This is personal preferance but 4 columns is too much sometimes becuase you can’t get a full line of text (say a blog post heading or project name) in. I really would consider just making 3 larger footer areas .

286 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Turkey
AkinGn says
jeffeatworld said
How many fonts have you used for this – I might be wrong but it looks like you’ve got a few too many here puls the get a quote button rolls onto a new line in FireFox.

You’ve got rounded corners in some places and then harsh squares for images – you need to make this more consistent.

Footer looks good. Not sure about the second footer section but I’m assuming that’s optional.

Also re the footer – This is personal preferance but 4 columns is too much sometimes becuase you can’t get a full line of text (say a blog post heading or project name) in. I really would consider just making 3 larger footer areas .

I use just two fonts by default, one for the headings and one for the body. (I provide options which can seperately change fonts for certain areas, but just two as default) I use FF 5 .0.1 and haven’t noticed a problem about Get A Quote button. I try to achieve consistency via rounded corner backgrounds the pics have. About footer, actually it was 3 col and was looking very bloated and also viewers love to see more content at footer so I decided to turn it into 4 columns. And yeah, I considered the second section of footer as optional, anyone can easily delete them in footer file (maybe an option can be set but it’s said it’s not a good idea to keep options too crowded for one time settings like that) Thanks for your critiques, Jeff, they’re appreciated :)

960 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

This is what I am seeing – http://tinyurl.com/3jyytgg

Everything I’ve commented on you’ve rejected, and that’s fine because it’s your template but these are reasons which I think you’re being rejected for.

Re the fonts I think that needs work. have you tried reducing the letter spacing on the headings – maybe give them a bottom border to seperate them out more?

The Recent Posts sectoin needs tidying up and the Twitter feed looks too spaced out if thats such a thing lol

286 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Turkey
AkinGn says

Yes, I was talking about that button too, it’s ok in FF 5 .0.1 as I said, what’s the version you use?

I definitely appreciate the issues you mentioned, because obviously my theme lacks on somethings since it’s been rejected and I wasn’t able to notice them, and it’s not a mystery to me anymore because of your comments.

About fonts, are you talking about the letter-spacing css selector? only the headlines I used @ sliders have them (homepage slider, nivo and lightbox description headlines) but I think you’re talking about the headlines at body, and they don’t have any letter-spacing value assigned to them so I may have to assign them a negative value maybe? . And border is a good idea too, I’ll try it. Do you have any other suggestions about fonts – typography I used?

By recent posts, you mean three cols under the welcome section at home page which starts with “Many, Many Variations” or you mean the blog entries under the headline “Recent Blog Entries” that is at nivo slider page?

About twitter width’s too spaced look, you mean it because it’s full width or you mean its vertical margins?

Thanks so much for your comments Jeff, and looking forward to see your answers to make it clear what’s wrong, maybe I haven’t understood because my eyes aren’t as sharp as yours (obviously) :)

by
by
by
by
by
by