366 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask, is it me, or are kids nowadays getting dumber and dumber by the minute? I’m 22, so I’m not talking about those which managed to reach 17-18 within decent time, but about the 10-14 year olds who got born with Facebook, Twitter, smartphones, tablets and so on?

I went out yesterday and I saw a few kids “hanging out”. They were all playing on their phones and not talking to each other. Why get out of the house in the first place?!

Have we all been so retarded before growing up(eventually), or is society’s future going to be a train wreck – a world filled with Justin Bieber’s….?

492 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

I wonder why kids these days getting old so early. :)

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

Every time I see a thread like this I imagine an old, fat, grumpy man writing them. Of course you think that way, that means you’re getting old! :)

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates said that about 2500 years ago.

492 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

Well said Stylius.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
366 posts
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Now THIS is funny/having fun shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQxI9x65Ooo
894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

You don’t have any idea how much this fact does worry me. Since I have 2 kids (1y and 3y) I’m really having troubles to get used to this new “style”. I mean, I’ve been mixing music (DJ) for quite a few years, collected much experience within the nightlife, alcohol, cigarettes,...so I wouldn’t call myself ‘conservative’ – but THIS makes me really think. I don’t want my kids in FB all day or playing with their smartphones every minute, or being mad about their christmas presents…

Hopefully those “trends” are stoping the next few years, otherwise I will loose my hair earlier than I wanted to :S

SnoopyIndustries
366 posts
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Hahaha :))) fair point man, but really, I’m getting shocked sometimes about what I’m seeing around me. I spend a lot of time having fun with my friends, but when I say retarded I don’t mean silly/stupid jokes meant to drive other people crazy (which are most times fun); I’m thinking that the exact opposite of fun is happening. Kids spending more time with their friends on Facebook than out drinking and going wild and so on. I have a neighbor who plays WOW and actually screams at things to die while he’s attacking =)))

SnoopyIndustries
366 posts
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

You don’t have any idea how much this fact does worry me. Since I have 2 kids (1y and 3y) I’m really having troubles to get used to this new “style”. I mean, I’ve been mixing music (DJ) for quite a few years, collected much experience within the nightlife, alcohol, cigarettes,...so I wouldn’t call myself ‘conservative’ – but THIS makes me really think. I don’t want my kids in FB all day or playing with their smartphones every minute, or being mad about their christmas presents…

Hopefully those “trends” are stoping the next few years, otherwise I will loose my hair earlier than I wanted to :S

Exactly my point. I have a 1.5 year nice who ALMOST knows how to play the “feed the frog with the fruit” game on a tablet. She’s cutting the ropes, doing all sorts of shit. I had my first computer at 6 and used to ask my bigger brother to play so I can watch :))) haha

PS: I wasn’t speaking “retarded” like having all-night parties and $%#@ in parks, that would mean they would just do what we used to do

SnoopyIndustries
366 posts
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

double post

by
by