94 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
Inspoir says

How can authors that don’t speak english almost at all promote, sell and give support? English is a must in my opinion. Giving support in a language that X or Y don’t understand… I mean, really…
http://translate.google.com

How professional…

94 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Inspoir says

How can authors that don’t speak english almost at all promote, sell and give support? English is a must in my opinion. Giving support in a language that X or Y don’t understand… I mean, really…
http://translate.google.com
Anybody who’s tried using this would know that it mainly rips the English language to shreds as it can’t understand what context you are talking in.

Well said, my friend.

373 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WPWiseOwl says

Anyone else feel that Envato potentially considers the quiz more of a barrier to sales than new authors? Perhaps the thinking was along the lines of: More authors = more sales, Remove quiz = more sales. I’ve got to give them credit for spinning it like they’re altruistically helping new authors out though. ;-)

591 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
IsaacA says

Anyone else feel that Envato potentially considers the quiz more of a barrier to sales than new authors? Perhaps the thinking was along the lines of: More authors = more sales, Remove quiz = more sales. I’ve got to give them credit for spinning it like they’re altruistically helping new authors out though. ;-)

I don’t get that impression, I’ve gotta say.

296 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
sniperatic says

I don’t get that impression, I’ve gotta say.

No neither do I.

They are doing this as a method to try and increase new authors, which will increase sales, of course. They are a business, that’s what business’s do.

2213 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
crozer says

Don’t wonder if the forums fill with dumb threads regarding “my file got rejected please help” or “my flyer with my mother and sister’s face got rejected i hate graphicriver”, though.

3448 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

This won’t happen..

Don’t wonder if the forums fill with dumb threads regarding “my file got rejected please help” or “my flyer with my mother and sister’s face got rejected i hate graphicriver”, though.

This will happen :D

325 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says

Agreed. I understand that Envato wants to take away a barrier, but this will surely be a result.

About using Google translate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMkJuDVJdTw miscommunication and support…never mix well ;-)

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

When is this happening?
We are aiming to release this some time later this week. We’ll let you know in this forum post as soon as it’s out there.

I know this will be easily skipped by staff ( :D ) but just interested to share my opinion:

While we have major upgrades like search system, please don’t make changes on other departments for a reasonable time – leave some clearance space :D So that authors can notice difference in sales trends with some clarity about what causes what.

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

Will those who passed the quiz, which they studied really, really hard for, receive a QuizMaster-badge? Badges, it’s all about the badges.

by
by
by
by
by
by