• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
designcise says

you both are, in obvious ways, attacking each other. again, lets focus on the topic and refrain from indulging in an unnecessary fight here people.

@spotnil .. totally agree with you on the part that till you say positive stuff, everyone’s with you but once you say anything against envato, everyone goes against you and that is why i’ve seldom seen people raise a voice. and on a side note, lol how’d you send an email to collis :p?

68 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
spotnil says

you both are, in obvious ways, attacking each other. again, lets focus on the topic and refrain from indulging in an unnecessary fight here people. @spotnil .. totally agree with you on the part that till you say positive stuff, everyone’s with you but once you say anything against envato, everyone goes against you and that is why i’ve seldom seen people raise a voice.

Well, I do not know jwmcpeak at all. I never met him in person and I have no single reason to attack him personally.

What I am pointing out here is something very sad. We work hard, we offer excellent support (check our items comments and ratings), we are truthful to CC and in return we got this. I love all other authors work. They do excellent job and I believe they work hard too.

But this here is something very very unfair. Not only an author is cheating on us (with CC help featuring their item, while there was much more awesome product – the ken burns slider) but breaches an agreement. On top of this CC while aware of the issue is not taking any actions, but asking the authors to contact support. I think this is ridiculous.

Spit on me if I am wrong, but the facts show everything.

I’m done/ I’ll wait to see what is going to happen and than will move forward. Cheers!

594 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designcise says

you both are, in obvious ways, attacking each other. again, lets focus on the topic and refrain from indulging in an unnecessary fight here people. @spotnil .. totally agree with you on the part that till you say positive stuff, everyone’s with you but once you say anything against envato, everyone goes against you and that is why i’ve seldom seen people raise a voice.

Well, I do not know jwmcpeak at all. I never met him in person and I have no single reason to attack him personally.

What I am pointing out here is something very sad. We work hard, we offer excellent support (check our items comments and ratings), we are truthful to CC and in return we got this. I love all other authors work. They do excellent job and I believe they work hard too.

But this here is something very very unfair. Not only an author is cheating on us (with CC help being featured) but breaches an agreement. On top of this CC while aware of the issue is not taking any actions, but asking the authors to contact support. I think this is ridiculous.

Spit on me if I am wrong, but the facts shows everything.

I’m done/ I’ll wait to see what is going to happen and than will move forward. Cheers!

you’re right, and i can well understand the sentiments you feel because i too feel this is very unfair. but we have to at least do the right thing, through the right channel, which is to go through support. once that is done, and if it yields no result, then we can gather a riot lol. but openly discussing an issue such as this is important because this is a community which grew and runs by our hard work, and if we all feel there’s something wrong, chances are better that we’d get heard when we speak out together.

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
spotnil says

... but openly discussing an issue such as this is important because this is a community which grew and runs by our hard work, and if we all feel there’s something wrong, chances are better that we’d get heard when we speak out together.

and make an improvement! WIN -WIN game. ;)

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
spotnil says

@jwmcpeak .. well you gotta understand our sentiments, we don’t like whats been going on with this whole slidedeck thing .. we feel cheated to be honest and it’s something we never expected envato to do ..
I can understand the original sentiments of the thread. I can’t understand the veiled attacks people think they have the right to make. Then again, I do understand that said people have an item, which has not been featured, that directly competes with SlideDeck, and I can understand the hurt feelings. But I better stop there before I get myself in trouble =)

do you really believe/estimate our jquery slider is worthed only $5 bucks? Take a look at the options. Take a look at the code. I really would like to know if it is fairly priced. I do not want you to change the price I just would like to have your opinion. :)

We worked on this 4-5 months. Planning, Architecture, implementation, Testing and Debugging. Look at the usage. How difficult it is to use it?

Than we can talk who is attacking. Cos here underpricing is a very subtle and painfull way of being attacked

3422 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

spotnil, while I can understand your frustration, I think your anger is a bit misdirected here. Furthermore, your remarks come across as antagonistic and borderline-threatening at points, whether you intend them to be or not (I think perhaps you don’t intend them to be, but they still come across as such). While your goal may be open dialog, it’s hard to engage in such a dialog when you state your case in these terms.

Let me say I agree that, if SlideDeck is being sold “exclusively” on this site and an identical or near-identical plugin is being sold off-site, that is a breach of contract and the seller should be removed from the marketplace along with the item. On this point you are absolutely correct and I have no objection whatsoever. However, that’s for support to decide and is not a decision to be made lightly (the issue needs to be properly investigated).

The first issue I take with your argument is that you claim Envato has breached its contract with you somehow. However, it is not Envato that has broken any agreements – it is the author of the plugin. They are accountable here. Now, once Envato is aware of the issue (just jwmcpeak reading this thread doesn’t count), if it’s not dealt with, that’s another story – I agree that if Envato knowingly left this product up as an exclusive, that would be a big problem, but I don’t think that is the case here (yet at least). But the proper channel through which to bring this to Envato’s attention is through support – and until they receive and deal with that message, I don’t see how they have done anything wrong.

The second issue is that you seem to be confusing jwmcpeak and CodeCanyon as one in the same. jwmcpeak is a reviewer – though not the reviewer for WordPress plugins – and isn’t responsible for the marketplace. His reading this post does not constitute CodeCanyon’s “awareness of the problem”. He directed you to the appropriate channel to voice your complaint, as the forum is not an official channel for this type of thing. He even explained that he does not have the requisite expertise (WordPress) to make the judgment here. I don’t see the problem or why you are upset over that suggestion.

I think the Featured Item issue is entirely separate. Whether or not the author is breaking the rules, or if the product pricing is skewed, the plugin is good code, and that is the merit upon which Featured Items are selected. I’m sure other deserving plugins, like the Ken Burns slider, will get their shot as well. Remember, these things queue up.

And I think suggesting that the pricing of your plugin is an ‘attack’ is silly. If you have an issue with their price, you can always request a price increase. If you’re still not happy with it, you can always take your product elsewhere. Prices are set to maximize revenue, a common goal between you and Envato. “Attacking” you in this way would only hurt their own bottom line. I can’t imaging Envato has a personal issue with you.

So, I think you have some valid points, but when you mix them in with aggressive attacks, borderline-threats, and misdirected anger, it’s tough to hear your argument. I think addressing the issue more reasonably will help you get this resolved more to your liking and with less conflict :)

And please don’t claim that this is an attack on you. I’m simply trying to inject some reason here as an outside objective viewer. I think in the heat of the moment we can all lose our objectivity when we feel we’ve been wronged.

If you want to be shown respect, start by respecting others, even when you feel you’ve been disrespected. :)

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
MattLowden says

spotnil, while I can understand your frustration, I think your anger is a bit misdirected here. Furthermore, your remarks come across as antagonistic and borderline-threatening at points, whether you intend them to be or not (I think perhaps you don’t intend them to be, but they still come across as such). While your goal may be open dialog, it’s hard to engage in such a dialog when you state your case in these terms.

If you want to be shown respect, start by respecting others, even when you feel you’ve been disrespected. :)

Very well said.

Matt.

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
spotnil says

Let me say I agree that, if SlideDeck is being sold “exclusively” on this site and an identical or near-identical plugin is being sold off-site, that is a breach of contract and the seller should be removed from the marketplace along with the item. On this point you are absolutely correct and I have no objection whatsoever. However, that’s for support to decide and is not a decision to be made lightly (the issue needs to be properly investigated).

The first issue I take with your argument is that you claim Envato has breached its contract with you somehow. However, it is not Envato that has broken any agreements – it is the author of the plugin. They are accountable here. Now, once Envato is aware of the issue (just jwmcpeak reading this thread doesn’t count), if it’s not dealt with, that’s another story – I agree that if Envato knowingly left this product up as an exclusive, that would be a big problem, but I don’t think that is the case here (yet at least). But the proper channel through which to bring this to Envato’s attention is through support – and until they receive and deal with that message, I don’t see how they have done anything wrong.

The second issue is that you seem to be confusing jwmcpeak and CodeCanyon as one in the same. jwmcpeak is a reviewer – though not the reviewer for WordPress plugins – and isn’t responsible for the marketplace. His reading this post does not constitute CodeCanyon’s “awareness of the problem”. He directed you to the appropriate channel to voice your complaint, as the forum is not an official channel for this type of thing. He even explained that he does not have the requisite expertise (WordPress) to make the judgment here. I don’t see the problem or why you are upset over that suggestion.

I think the Featured Item issue is entirely separate. Whether or not the author is breaking the rules, or if the product pricing is skewed, the plugin is good code, and that is the merit upon which Featured Items are selected. I’m sure other deserving plugins, like the Ken Burns slider, will get their shot as well. Remember, these things queue up.

And I think suggesting that the pricing of your plugin is an ‘attack’ is silly. If you have an issue with their price, you can always request a price increase. If you’re still not happy with it, you can always take your product elsewhere. Prices are set to maximize revenue, a common goal between you and Envato. “Attacking” you in this way would only hurt their own bottom line. I can’t imaging Envato has a personal issue with you.

So, I think you have some valid points, but when you mix them in with aggressive attacks, borderline-threats, and misdirected anger, it’s tough to hear your argument. I think addressing the issue more reasonably will help you get this resolved more to your liking and with less conflict :)

And please don’t claim that this is an attack on you. I’m simply trying to inject some reason here as an outside objective viewer. I think in the heat of the moment we can all lose our objectivity when we feel we’ve been wronged.

I totally agree on your observation of my behavior. It was meant to sound like this. Just one small correction. I do respect People. I do not respect stupid behavior. Never said Envato breached any contract with me. I said (or mentioned) that they will if they do not do…da da da

Sometimes you have to shake the tree to take the fruits. And I am shaking. :D

Thanks man!

731 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
mordauk says

Very well said.

Matt.

Indeed +1

594 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designcise says