• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I totally agree on your observation of my behavior. It was meant to sound like this. Just one small correction. I do respect People. I do not respect stupid behavior. Never said Envato breached any contract with me. I said (or mentioned) that they will if they do not do…da da da

@spotnil I was referencing this:

Otherwise I will assume you are breaching the contract between me and you and I will take appropriate actions to defend my rights!

http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/killing-the-marketplace/43467?page=4#405696

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I think at this point everything has been said, and as you mentioned you’ve now reported this to support – so I think it’s time to just wait for a response. I expect they will take whatever action they deem appropriate, and likely Jeffrey will post an explanation one way or another on here – he’s very good with these things once they are brought to his attention :)

@Matt, @Pippin – thanks guys :)

68 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
spotnil says

this is my last post on this forum.

To all authors who are thinking I am disrespectful:

Mates, I am doing all this for all of us. I understand that I went way to harsh, but I have been left without a choice. I’ll be around these marketplaces maybe for a very short time.

My other nickname here is: donchev_a and you can check my posts on activeden. I love the community, I love the people and I feel sad when the things go wrong for the authors. The money are not the main reason for me being here.

I take everything personal. I do care for Envato, the personnel and the authors and I was trying during my 4 years here to help as much as I can.

When I had the chance to talk to Collis in person while they were in Chicago I congratulated him for the amazing management, for listening to us, for being open and reachable.

I remember the very first days when this place (CC) was born and I know the difference now.

But for the individual there must be a brighter future than just feeling helpless. This is how I felt the last couple of weeks, totally helpless. And I don’t think I have to try changing anything. It is my own energy and time. Why should I spend it when there is no appreciation.

I am not 12 years old kid. I am web manager with 15 years experience and I was sharing my experience without regrets to all of us. The other community members are doing the same – less or more. Well, I have now only one question. When you have a chance to gain some experience and knowledge without paying for it, do you want to take this chance even if it looks harsh?

This is how Envato was born – joint efforts. Now Bye Bye and good luck to all of you! :)

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
MattLowden says

this is my last post on this forum.

To all authors who are thinking I am disrespectful:

Mates, I am doing all this for all of us. I understand that I went way to harsh, but I have been left without a choice. I’ll be around these marketplaces maybe for a very short time.

This is how Envato was born. Now Bye Bye and good luck to all of you! :)

I wouldn’t go as far as to leave the marketplace! I’ve followed this thread closely and it’s clear tempers were flared and things got out of control.

In a few days I’m sure someone from Envato will say something and all will be forgotten – remember, the internet has a very short memory :)

Matt.

327 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+9 more
WebFactory says

In order for this not to escalade any further than it has to (at the moment) I would kindly ask somebody from Envato to officially explain what’s going on. It’s not looking good, I can say that, but looks can be deceiving. So, lets wait a bit for some official response.

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

being an AD author too, i know donchev_a as a very passionate member who really takes care of this place.

i wouldn’t have shaken the tree so hard but i’m bloody sure his reason was not picking a personal fight with a reviewer

now, about the topic, i’d like to say a thing or two

from a commercial point of view, i can understand envato reasons to bring here some heavyweight items.

i have nothing against this, in fact i think this could bring here some new power buyers.

as long as those items are not underpriced, regular authors won’t be harmed coz that’s just a different market, smaller for sure but also additional.

a this point you may also wonder who the heck am i and why i’m posting here since i don’t have items for sale on CC…

well i have one, under a different account shared with a fellow designer and this particolar item has been mentioned a few times on this thread.

which brings me to the second part of my post and the reason why i’m using my own account to express my personal point of view.

do i think the item i coauthored would have deserved this week feature ? hell yes.

but i am a coder, all coders have oversized egos and if one states this is not true he’s a liar or not a coder.

so, if i look at last featured item from a more objective point of view, i can’t honestly find a reason why it should not have got the feature.

still, i’ll be a liar by not telling this week feature was somewhat expected as soon as that particular item hit the marketplace.

let’s say, not just coz it’s a great item.

my 2c.

320 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
jwmcpeak says

Then do as designcise suggested, report it.

Just FYI , I already informed Collis and Support!

But honestly I think you needed to do this. Or you do not see any issues here?

Thanks!

My last reply on this topic.

As I said, I don’t know the circumstances behind it, so I’m not going to comment on whether it’s an issue.

It’s fairly common knowledge that the forum is not the proper venue for reporting possible infractions. In case you were unaware, the #5 “Do” rule states:

Send any account issues or problems you have to support.

The issue you refer to is an account issue. Whether or not I personally should have reported your grievance might be debated, but precedence dictates the aggrieved responsible for contacting support. Find any warez-based thread for such precedence (if you can find one; they’re usually deleted).

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
spotnil says

being an AD author too, i know donchev_a as a very passionate member who really takes care of this place.

i wouldn’t have shaken the tree so hard but i’m bloody sure his reason was not picking a personal fight with a reviewer

now, about the topic, i’d like to say a thing or two

from a commercial point of view, i can understand envato reasons to bring here some heavyweight items.

i have nothing against this, in fact i think this could bring here some new power buyers.

as long as those items are not underpriced, regular authors won’t be harmed coz that’s just a different market, smaller for sure but also additional.

a this point you may also wonder who the heck am i and why i’m posting here since i don’t have items for sale on CC…

well i have one, under a different account shared with a fellow designer and this particolar item has been mentioned a few times on this thread.

which brings me to the second part of my post and the reason why i’m using my own account to express my personal point of view.

do i think the item i coauthored would have deserved this week feature ? hell yes.

but i am a coder, all coders have oversized egos and if one states this is not true he’s a liar or not a coder.

so, if i look at last featured item from a more objective point of view, i can’t honestly find a reason why it should not have got the feature.

still, i’ll be a liar by not telling this week feature was somewhat expected as soon as that particular item hit the marketplace.

let’s say, not just coz it’s a great item.

my 2c.

I think you nailed it!

jwmcpeak,

please accept my apologies if I did make you feel offended. My opinion has nothing to do with you as a person or professional! :kiss:

donchev_a

2529 posts
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey, guys! Hope you’re all doing well. ...Wow – lots of drama! :)

So I’ll try to address some of the issues I picked up, while reading through this thread:

$50 is too high.

That may or may not be true. This is a trial run for an item that is really well built, and – even better – well marketed. The design is exquisite, they have landing pages, testing, high level buyers, etc. That’s worth $50 in my opinion. But – the marketplace is still young, guys; we’re testing things out.

Also – remember that this is a Premium WordPress plugin—not just a stand-alone JavaScript slider. WP plugins tend to sell for a fair bit more.

The item shouldn’t have been featured.

I have no idea where this is coming from. No one can deny the fact that they’ve marketed the item tremendously well. Honestly, I wish more of our authors would do the same.

And again, going back to the $50 point—we want to give it the best possible chance of succeeding. Because if it is a success, we’ll roll out a similar price point to other same-level items.

Exclusivity

My understanding is that what’s for sale here is a bit unique compared to what’s offered on their site. For example, I can sell a jQuery plugin here…but then also sell, say, a Joomla version of the same plugin on my own site without breaking exclusivity.

Nonetheless, I’ll have another look.

Ultimately – this is good for everyone. We should all be excited to see how it performs!

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
MattLowden says

Hey guys – wow…lots of drama! :)

So I’ll try to address some of the issues I picked up, while reading through this thread:

Ultimately – this is good for everyone. We should all be excited to see how it performs!

Thanks for the reply :)

I think what people were most concerned about was the exclusivity (Everything else kinda stemmed from that). I had a feeling this version of the slider may have been different to the ones on their site although this doesn’t seem to be explained in their item description.

If you read the item comments there is also allot of confusion as to how this one differs from the $99 one on their website so it might be worth suggesting to them that they provide a more detailed differentiation :)

Matt.

660 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says

Hey, guys! Hope you’re all doing well. ...Wow – lots of drama! :)

Exclusivity

My understanding is that what’s for sale here is a bit unique compared to what’s offered on their site. For example, I can sell a jQuery plugin here…but then also sell, say, a Joomla version of the same plugin on my own site without breaking exclusivity.

Nonetheless, I’ll have another look.

Hi Jeffrey,

I am doing great, thank you!

I have few questions and after your answers I will make my final decision regarding my participation here.

So, from your definition Exclusivity means: “Agreeing to keep your portfolio of items for sale exclusive to the Envato Marketplaces entitles you to a higher percentage of each sale – from 50% to 70%. You can still sell other items elsewhere (on other marketplaces, your own site) however any items you place on an Envato Marketplace must be exclusively sold there.

1.Do you think the product they sale here is marketed as a different label compared to the one they sell on their site?

2.Do you think it has significantly big differences from the one they sell on their web site to be called different item? (different coding, different technology, different options, and etc. or only the licensing is different)

3.Do you really believe in that “Ultimately – this is good for everyone” if 100% of the developers here simply CAN NOT develop/market/support similar thing on similar scale, so they can sell it and benefit from your new test with SlideDeck (it took Digital Telepathy years to come to this shape of the slider and many corporate clients who were paying them to develop that kind of product – API and so on.)?

Thanks! Best

donchev_a

by
by
by
by
by
by