443 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
SplitV says

The riot will start when slideDeck win the $41000 competition. :D
I thought about this a few days ago, and now seeing as Jeff has somewhat admitted to the preferential treatment they have already received then I doubt anyone else on the marketplace has a chance. I know I’m not bothering to rush myself to finish what I’ve been working on, if I even bother finishing it. CC seems to be less and less of a place I want to put my time into.
2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

If you call featuring an item that is really well built “preferential treatment,” then so be it. If any of you release a killer item in the next week, I’ll feature you as well. That’s a promise.

I’ve never seen so much hostility toward a new fellow author, guys. If you want to remove all your items because we’re testing a slightly higher price-point for an item that rightly deserves it, then I’m sorry to hear that.

My recommendation is that you focus less on others, and more on building the next killer CC item. :)

Now that’s not to say that we don’t appreciate forum feedback immensely – we do! But please try to make your comments constructive, rather than hostile – particularly when speaking about your peer authors.

Somebody referenced the idea of commercial vs. community. I like to think we’re both. But let’s get down to it – every item on this marketplace is a commercial item. It seems to me that the real hostility is coming from the fact that this team has put so much work into the product. Why is that a threat? All of you can do the same (and many of you do). Our goal on CC is to sell the best components on the web. Period.

If you have concerns, you can always contact the support staff, or me directly to discuss.

731 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
mordauk says

Well said Jeffery. This thread has just gotten silly. To me, the ony really problem here is the exclusivity of the author when clearly they are not N exclusive author, but that’s really not a problem that concerns me, or any of the other authors in any way :)

594 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
designcise says

Well said Jeffery. This thread has just gotten silly. To me, the ony really problem here is the exclusivity of the author when clearly they are not N exclusive author, but that’s really not a problem that concerns me, or any of the other authors in any way :)

well it surely bothers me; if he’s going to be allowed to do that, then i want to be able to do that too.

@jeff .. the whole problem is that the “commercial” partnership has lead to 1) a high price for that item; 2) it being featured; 3) it not being questioned for exclusivity. and that’s what the whole problem is about. if he were just a normal member of the community, going by the rules (and that all rules actually applied to him), then none of us would have a problem. hope you understand.

660 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says

If you call featuring an item that is really well built “preferential treatment,” then so be it. If any of you release a killer item in the next week, I’ll feature you as well. That’s a promise.

I’ve never seen so much hostility toward a new fellow author, guys. If you want to remove all your items because we’re testing a slightly higher price-point for an item that rightly deserves it, then I’m sorry to hear that.

My recommendation is that you focus less on others, and more on building the next killer CC item. :)

Now that’s not to say that we don’t appreciate forum feedback immensely – we do! But please try to make your comments constructive, rather than hostile – particularly when speaking about your peer authors.

Somebody referenced the idea of commercial vs. community. I like to think we’re both. But let’s get down to it – every item on this marketplace is a commercial item. It seems to me that the real hostility is coming from the fact that this team has put so much work into the product. Why is that a threat? All of you can do the same (and many of you do). Our goal on CC is to sell the best components on the web. Period.

If you have concerns, you can always contact the support staff, or me directly to discuss.

Nothing said about Exclusivity!!!

I got an answer from the support! And from my understanding you Envato understand my feelings and feel sorry that I leave. I appreciate that.

But it is not about feelings. You just do not want to get to the point: do we all have equal opportunities here or some of the authors have been and will be tolerated?

I just need to know if they are allowed or not by your Agreement to be Exclusive while offering the same product on their site . So if they are allowed we are allowed too.

I need simple plain answer: Yes or No. And as an author and your long years business partner I think I have this rights to ask this question publicly so all other authors are aware what is going on.

2529 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

I didn’t mention exclusivity because this is not a forum issue. If it turns out that the item is identical to what’s offered on their site, then we’ll take appropriate action. That’s the extent of your involvement in the matter, with respect. We’ve been notified. We’re looking into it.

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says

I didn’t mention exclusivity because this is not a forum issue. If it turns out that the item is identical to what’s offered on their site, then we’ll take appropriate action. That’s the extent of your involvement in the matter, with respect. We’ve been notified. We’re looking into it.

Thank you Jeff, from your answer I could assume that they are not allowed!

I have seen in the past you deleting and blocking authors accounts in no time for much softer breach of the rules. But it looks like it takes you much longer (5 days since this thread started) for this particular item while at the same time every person here can confirm that they can not do what they do if they have to agree with your Agreement. this is why we are discussing here openly. :)

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says

Did anyone else notice that Slidedeck offer three versions on their own site – $99, $299 and even a free version, but nowhere on their site (as far as I can see) do they link to, or even mention their version for sale here, nor have any link to anywhere on the Envato marketplaces. In fact neither the word “Envato” nor “CodeCanyon” return any result in the search on their blog!

Does any other Envato author here have a website that does not have at least one link to their Envato portfolio?

I guess they are not using us for sales .. just for exposure.

320 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
jwmcpeak says

I have seen in the past you deleting and blocking authors accounts in no time for much softer breach of the rules. But it looks like it takes you much longer (5 days since this thread started) for this particular item

In the interest of fairness, the exclusivity topic was not brought up until two days ago by iapcsolutions. There is no guarantee support was contacted at that time. Considering the reply immediately following iapcsolutions (which was by designcise) was posted over twelve hours later, the issue might not have reached support until yesterday. And even then, support is an issue-by-issue thing. Just because one particular issue was solved immediately doesn’t mean another issue will. Regardless, support will take the appropriate action—whether it takes thirty minutes or a few days.

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says

I have seen in the past you deleting and blocking authors accounts in no time for much softer breach of the rules. But it looks like it takes you much longer (5 days since this thread started) for this particular item
In the interest of fairness, the exclusivity topic was not brought up until two days ago by iapcsolutions. There is no guarantee support was contacted at that time. Considering the reply immediately following iapcsolutions (which was by designcise) was posted over twelve hours later, the issue might not have reached support until yesterday. And even then, support is an issue-by-issue thing. Just because one particular issue was solved immediately doesn’t mean another issue will. Regardless, support will take the appropriate action—whether it takes thirty minutes or a few days.

I totally understand!

I do not feel like I have to argue with your or Envato for anything. I am sharing my opinion. I am trying to HELP you and my fellows here. And would like to share something else with you: after awhile you’ll see that my opinion was extremely helpful to Envato. Even if I was wrong.

But if you guys think my opinion is with no value I’ll stop bothering you. Cos I think I spend way too much energy for something which is not paying back to me.

I hope you’ll resolve the issue with the mentioned item above in the best interest of CC and the fellow authors. Cos the authors are the meat and the bones of this marketplaces. ;)

Stay positive and never give up dude! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by