• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Did anyone else notice that Slidedeck offer three versions on their own site – $99, $299 and even a free version, but nowhere on their site (as far as I can see) do they link to, or even mention their version for sale here, nor have any link to anywhere on the Envato marketplaces. In fact neither the word “Envato” nor “CodeCanyon” return any result in the search on their blog!

Does any other Envato author here have a website that does not have at least one link to their Envato portfolio?

I guess they are not using us for sales .. just for exposure.

Annoying to see these little things Envato doesn’t consider and allowing those risky exposure robberies. Similar things happened in the past on Activetut’s banner Ad area. A page flip component advertised “FREE” which potentially makes it meaningless to sell that kind of files here. Another Flash stock seller advertised a bundle similar to Envato’s bundle. Those advertisers simply don’t link back to Envato which shows they are just here for diverting exposure of authors into theirs.

Another issue is from Envato staffs reply on another thread, any marketplace that doesn’t have multiple authors similar to Envato are not considered as competitors. These point of views allows some 3rd parties to test the water here about possibility of gaining exposure which can directly affect the existence of serious authors. I am not saying authors are losing but makes us to worry much about possibility of future abuse’s of such system.

2947 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Moved to site feedback.

594 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
designcise says

Moved to site feedback.

@dtbaker .. move this thread > http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/code-canyons-great/43695 to Site Feedback as well then! Let’s keep it all fair to everyone .. just because that thread says positive things, you’re letting it stay on the front page? and are moving this thread to a place where people hardly check? great ..!

2947 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

done. sorry busy sunday (mothers day) bit slow on the moderation duties

660 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says

Moved to site feedback.

excellent! :D

you are hilarious guys!

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
TylerQuinn says

Moved to site feedback.

you are hilarious guys!

Why… Is this not site feedback? Don’t get mad at baker for doing his job… Not to be a douche but no one is going to miss your 20 items especially if you only generated 4k in sales over a 4 year period. In terms of daily sales I highly doubt having a $50 item is really cutting into all the other slider sales.

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says

Moved to site feedback.

you are hilarious guys!
Why… Is this not site feedback? Don’t get mad at baker for doing his job… Not to be a douche but no one is going to miss your 20 items especially if you only generated 4k in sales over a 4 year period. In terms of daily sales I highly doubt having a $50 item is really cutting into all the other slider sales.

i am not mad. seriously. I said it is hilarious just because the thread had been moved so quickly but the questions are not handled in the same manner.

about my 20 items. I think this place is valuable just because of the diversity of the items regardless of their sales. If the items are good (mine were cos some of them had 300-400 sales), they help to the marketplace versatile supply. For example I had the only one Flash based Contact form with ColdFusion implementation.

Or do you think everyone who has low sales has to be kicked out from here?

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says

We got featured. And I just have a feeling there was a big misunderstanding about, my attitude regarding this place. I was shaking the whole weekend and I need to share with all fellow authors my response to the site manager email regarding spotnil’s item being featured.

Here it comes

Let me share something personal. From the begining of the thread to the end I was not aggressive or attacking. I was sincere.

I loved Envato. Okay. Truly. I never ever relied on my income from Envato. I have well paid job. So the money isn’t the reason to support Envato for 4 years. To participate in live meetings. To enjoy the community. To give you ideas (many times I was participating in threads regarding rating system, interface, competitions, twittering, advertising and many others). I truly believed this place, this company is a different kind of a company. A modern corporation. Corporation based on the power of thousands of minds.

It is not about the high price. It is not about SlideDeck being featured. It is about the authors and the healthy relation. Your future is not in the relations with the big guns. The big guns whouldn’t share their know-how, wouldn’t promote Envato, they will not strive to make you better place and company. The authors do. Your future is making the authors and the clients happy. Those big guns do not benefit Envato. They do not generate traffic. 10 000 authors this is what counts.

I do not want to judge your decisions. What I was believing in is gone with this Digital Telepathy. I can predict something. If you stick with those big guns you’ll fail. The big guns are dying. Just because companies like Envato with thousands of minds are way more competitive. This is why SlideDeck is coming here. Cos their sales are lower. This is why they are dying to get more exposure. Because they are dying.

I may be wrong, but what I know is you need to support the authors. You need to really Support them. Because every good small item builds Envato.

Do not supress the negative threads, but make a poll. Ask the people. And when you make decision, take into account the authors opinion. This why you can make things bolder and profitable. The authors will complain less and will feel more involved. Will be willing to work more and to make more money – for them and for you. And new great items will come. Lower the % you take away and make bigger profit. Cos the authors will die to stay with you. Will do greater and greater job. The wind is blowing in your sails, don’t let it pass you.

I feel really really cheated and hope that the bitter taste will go away soon. Cos as I said in the thread, I was taking Envato very personal. Like my own company. I lost too much energy in this and I just gave up.

Anyway Thank you for your time, awesome support Team, and for featuring the item. Best Regards, Angel

Now I feel I have to give my apologies to all authors which because not knowing my temperament or just because you were on different opinion we harmed each other and I was to harsh with you, please accept my apologies.

I wish you all the best and more great items and satisfaction on a daily basis. Ciao amigos!

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
TylerQuinn says

Or do you think everyone who has low sales has to be kicked out from here?

I dont see how you made that connection…

327 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+9 more
WebFactory says

And that’s the end of that, no more SlideDeck – http://codecanyon.net/item/slidedeck-pro-for-wordpress/236140

As with WooThemes it seems this was only an experiment ….

by
by
by
by
by
by