17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
allaboutfaces1 says

In the “Appearance” tab in the dashboard, the “Kingsize” option doesn’t show up in the “Appearance” drop down box. Did I download properly, or did they change the format? I used Filezilla to upload files to wordpress. Thanks.

3344 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

In the “Appearance” tab in the dashboard, the “Kingsize” option doesn’t show up in the “Appearance” drop down box. Did I download properly, or did they change the format? I used Filezilla to upload files to wordpress. Thanks.

did you extract the first download from themeforest? the files needed to install themes is located inside of the original zip

if you did upload the right files are you sure its the WordPress version? getting any errors? does it display “broken themes” at the bottom of the appearance tab

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi allaboutfaces1, please follow the steps below, or watch the screencast here.

1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
  2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
  3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
  4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
  5. Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
  6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.

Let us know if that solves the issue. Good luck.

Edit: Thanks Chris!

17 posts
allaboutfaces1 says

Thanks…Boy, I sure have been frustrated for the last four days. Now, I’m trying to upload my slider images, but they don’t show up on my website. I’m trying everything. I spoke to my hosting company today and they offered uploading help. I’ll try to go back and see if I need to upload another file. I did my own website on PageMill years ago – a simple one…but photographers need a more graphics oriented site. I’ve watched so many tutorials. Thanks…I’ll keep you posted.

4377 posts
+6 more
Dzinc says

For future reference, the appropriate support forum for this theme can be found here.

Or, you can interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for troubleshooting.

Do keep us posted, and good luck with the website!

17 posts
allaboutfaces1 says

The following is like Martian to me

C. Setting Folder Permissions

IMPORTANT: Do not overlook this step! It is important you setup the Folder Permissions / CHMOD!

What’s “CHMOD”

Once you have unpacked the “kingsize.zip” into the ”.../wp-content/themes/” folder, you want to assign some Permission / CHMOD settings. The purpose of doing this is to enable scripts such as “Timthumb” and those related, the ability to “Read, Write and Execute” various functions. In this case, these folders are used when uploading your images used by Galleries, Portfolios and the Blogs featured images. Not completing this step will result in your thumbnails and images not appearing on your website.

If you're not still inside FTP, open up your FTP program and log into your server.
Navigate to the directory of your WordPrses installation.
Once there, locate the ".../wp-content/" folder and here is where we'll begin the setting changes.
Find: .../wp-content/uploads
Right click on this and edit the "Permissions / CHMOD" to reflect "777".
Find: .../wp-content/themes/kingsize/cache
Find: .../wp-content/themes/kingsize/images/upload
It is important that you do NOT change the permissions of any other folders inside your WordPress installation.

Is there anyone who can take over my computer and delete King Size and try to upload properly? Thanks.

17 posts
allaboutfaces1 says

Important Reminder: Set the following folder permissions to 777: /wp-content/themes/kingsize/cache /wp-content/themes/kingsize/images/upload /wp-content/uploads

Where do you “set” the folder permission to 777? It’s says to do it, but doesn’t tell you where to go. Thanks…the neophyte.

4377 posts
+6 more
Dzinc says

17 posts
allaboutfaces1 says

Thanks for your help Dzinc. But, I can’t find that file to see those boxes. It’s German to me and I don’t speak German…but thanks for trying. What’s “coldfusion?”

17 posts
allaboutfaces1 says

Ok…I’ve deleted every single inkling of King Size from my hard drive. I will try to upload again. I wish there were instructions step by step, with explanations that a 6 year old can understand, because that’s how I feel. I’m not computer illiterate by all means, but, am struggling to upload properly this King Size theme. I pretty confident that once uploaded properly I can make all the necessary uploads to my website. The instructions on the tutorials are not the clearest in my mind. An example would be: 1. Go to King size button and hit downloard 2 Go to where the file is saved. 3 Extract files by these exact steps using exact file and explain verbiage that non-computer geeks wouldn’t know right off the bat… 4. Go to filezilla and do the precise 10 steps…etc… 5. Then do this in the precise order… 6. Then go to word press and do this in the precise order. I’m smart on many other things, but not this very hard download. As mentioned, the King Size button is not on the dashboard on previous attempts. Thanks again.

by
by
by
by
by
by