7 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
rboege says

Now i don’t know if anyone can code this. but the idea in itself is great. We have a lot of Lan party’s here in Denmark. A place you go to play computer games with your friends, and contest for money or something. Now people who want to have a lan party, like i do, need a script (i prefer in php/mysql/js) what i want is a simple cms system where you can setup a general page for the event itself. and then i want a seating plan, in php, where you can line up “seats” in rows, and basically sell each “chair/seat” for a price.

So to make it as simple as possible.

Im a gamer, and i want to join the lan party event. I go to the website, signup as a user, and login. I choose the event i want to go to, and then i choose which seat/chair i want in the room. (could be more than 1 room though), I reserve that chair/seat and then i pay for it online. But i want myself to decide where to sit, not some automatic system for this.

This would be extremely usefull, if someone could make it. Or just integrate a seating solution to a current cms, they made.

6 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
CorpusCollosum says

Yeah I’d be interested in buying this if it was full featured (WordPress) Great idea Rboege.

15 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
TecePls says
Hi, I’m interested in coding this script but do you have any idea for seat selection design :)

Now i don’t know if anyone can code this. but the idea in itself is great. We have a lot of Lan party’s here in Denmark. A place you go to play computer games with your friends, and contest for money or something. Now people who want to have a lan party, like i do, need a script (i prefer in php/mysql/js) what i want is a simple cms system where you can setup a general page for the event itself. and then i want a seating plan, in php, where you can line up “seats” in rows, and basically sell each “chair/seat” for a price.

So to make it as simple as possible.

Im a gamer, and i want to join the lan party event. I go to the website, signup as a user, and login. I choose the event i want to go to, and then i choose which seat/chair i want in the room. (could be more than 1 room though), I reserve that chair/seat and then i pay for it online. But i want myself to decide where to sit, not some automatic system for this.

This would be extremely usefull, if someone could make it. Or just integrate a seating solution to a current cms, they made.
6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
urgenus says

I’d be also interested in buying this.

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
folkesanger says

I was thinking a simple ui where you can select seatings. How many you want and then move the seat’s into a design you choose. So it’s more like a “painting” than an actual script. I was thinking html5 could be used, but im not a good coder. You decide. I do have a few examples though, if you want.

1 post
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
WebEnvelopment says

Maybe it could be used for Live seating like rboege mentioned (actual lan party seating) and for online events such as streaming or competitions where 2,4,6,8 clans may battle. I know WordPress pretty well and code for everyday and would love a chance to learn while doing if I could help IrfanCikoglu. Anything you need just ask.

7 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rboege says

It was just a thought, i didn’t really expect that much responce to it. Anyway, if someone have some input’s feel free to comment. I haven’t really given it that much thoughts yet.

Also i need a programmer/designer for another project, so if someone has some free time it would be great.

no-thumbnail
creative-mind_nl Recent Posts Threads Started
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Netherlands
creative-mind_nl says

I may have an idea on how this might work. I think this should be build step-by-step and starting with a single room per event which later can be extended with multiple rooms per event.

Here is the plan:

Admin panel

Use a HTML5 canvas in combination with WebGL (Three.js framework by Mr.Doob) to allow the admin to ‘draw’ the room. Or (in the beginning) just let the admin choose between predefined rooms.

Then let the admin add new chairs and drag them in the canvas. After all the seats are placed the admin presses the publish/save button and the coordinates of each chair will be saved in the database (mysql?) This allows to draw the exact map on the client-side.

Every seat gets a number of parameters which all will be stored in the database. Think of a unique id, the status (reserved, free) and maybe even a price (different seat prices).

Front end

Get the map of seats based on the event id. Redraw all the seats in a canvas and color them red or green based on their availability. Make onclick events per seat and connect this to a “checkout” system (php backend or whatever you prefer). On the checkout moment a final status check on the seat is done and if it is still free (nobody else claimed it in the meantime) the payment will be done and the seat will be marked as reserved in the database.

I have basic experience with the Three.js framework and i’m sure it is possible to work it out the way I described above.

General

I haven’t mentioned the “basic” functionality like user authentication, languages, payment because I don’t think that should be the bottleneck of this project.

Based on my experience I think it should work with HTML5, jQuery, WebGL, AJAX (callbacks “real-time” seat statusses) and a backend language of choice (i prefer PHP but Python, Ruby or anything else should work to).

Conclusion

Although I sure like the project I don’t think I want to invest time to work it out on my own. If there are any developers / designers who think this is a fun project we can maybe gather a team and work it out and publish it on GitHub. Or make money of it ;)

If anybody is excited let me know and maybe we will get this project of the ground!

Note

I haven’t taken the time to spellcheck my post due the lack of time and since it’s been a while I wrote technical english I apologize for any strange sentences.

Edited because the headings were not clear

by
by
by
by
by
by