35 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
gr8 says

Is there a Landing Pages category here on TF that I am missing? If not then why not make one? I think it will fetch quite a good chunk of sales. Any supporters?

146 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
0703 says

im not a supporter, but maybe a help. in the navigation you can find the “site templates” and there are some “special pages”. here you should find what youre searching for

alternative http://themeforest.net/category/site-templates/speciality-pages

371 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
QwibbleDesigns says

Splash pages are long out of fashion imo, but if there’s still a market out there for them, then why not?

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
PixelStores says

There is a huge market for Landing Pages and Squeeze Pages especially in the Internet Marketing niche. Although personally i dislike them in the designers eyes but apparently those long sales letters with a thousand FREE bonuses generate leads, its all about the hype drawing in the potential customer towards that buy now button.

I think a category for Landing Pages with a sub category say Squeeze Pages would do well, many buyers from Warrior Forum and Digital Point.

35 posts
  • United States
gr8 says
There is a huge market for Landing Pages and Squeeze Pages especially in the Internet Marketing niche. Although personally i dislike them in the designers eyes but apparently those long sales letters with a thousand FREE bonuses generate leads, its all about the hype drawing in the potential customer towards that buy now button. I think a category for Landing Pages with a sub category say Squeeze Pages would do well, many buyers from Warrior Forum and Digital Point.

you are 100% right! there is a huge market for these types of page designs. i have big clients that hire me just to design landing pages for them. they are used in sals pitches. i think not everyone here knows about landing pages and what they are used for. just like u said, if you browse digital point forums u will be surprised how many people are hungry for good landing pages.

35 posts
  • United States
gr8 says
Splash pages are long out of fashion imo, but if there’s still a market out there for them, then why not?

out of fashion? i dont think you understood the kind of design i was referring to. for as long as there are products to be sold, there will remain an exponential need for good, catchy, vibrant sales pitch designs. this is a huge market by the way.

35 posts
  • United States
gr8 says
im not a supporter, but maybe a help. in the navigation you can find the “site templates” and there are some “special pages”. here you should find what youre searching for alternative http://themeforest.net/category/site-templates/speciality-pages

the specialty pages category does not include landing pages/sales pitch designs. there are a bunch of under construction and 404 pages, etc. what i am referring to is different.

146 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
0703 says

honestly i dont see a diffreence between a “under construction” page and what i have in mind what a “landing” page means. feel free to enlighten me with some examples of you or other pages, really wanna find out more

when you change any logo of the “under construction” page you would get a landing page or am i wrong? email updates inlcuded…

35 posts
  • United States
gr8 says

the term “landing pages” could refer to numerous things. in principle, any page with a valid url could be called a landing page. however, in the lingo of online marketing (a huge industry, btw), a landing page (aka destination page, squeeze page, promo page) is more like the first page that you present to convince a prospective client or buyer to want and to crave your product. it can be very different from the rest of the pages on a website. so much thought and design goes into such pages/designs. the designer needs to use vibrant colors with great contrast and use call-to-action methods very effectively. every major business uses landing pages to market their special products. a landing page is a special page intentionally designed to “seduce” someone to buy a product. for example google’s landing page for their nexus one phone looks like this: http://www.google.com/phone. it’s actually a very dull and weak landing page according to my tastes though. take a look at a landing page for one of my sites: http://matchmakerblog.com. Also see diamond.com’s landing page for one of their sales products: http://nux.cc/e3f5b6. Another good example of a sale’s squeeze page: http://nux.cc/cwcpwb. commission junction advertisers and other affiliate marketing gurus spend a lot of money on designing these special pages. i can go on and on with more examples but i am starving now so lemme go get something to eat and we can continue this conversation. hopefully u understand now the kind of pages i am talking about when i speak of landing pages.

342 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
reidknorr says

@gr8

You are right. I have had this idea for a long time, don’t worry it’ll be here soon. For sure within the next month.

by
by
by
by
by
by