2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Gurmit says

Got this LayerSlider: old jQuery issue. Installed “jQuery Updater” but still getting the same problem. Please help. email at biznizrich09@yahoo.com for WP login details

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Hopefully one of the 2.7 million envato users will know what you want and help you. Good luck

2 posts
Gurmit says

LayerSlider: old jQuery issue It looks like you are using an old version (1.10.0) of the jQuery library. LayerSlider requires at least version 1.7.0 or newer. If you are using the WordPress version of LayerSlider, you can try out the “jQuery Updater” plugin from the WP plugin depository. If you don’t know what to do, you can write us a private message from our CodeCanyon profile page. We need a temporary WP admin account (or a temporary FTP account in some cases) to solve this issue.

I already followed installing the jQuery Updater but still getting the same. Any response from Code Canyon team so I can give the WP admin details.

1 post
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
rigadine says

Hello from France,

I have the same problem with my Avada theme. I have the message LayerSlider: old jQuery issue It looks like you are using an old version (1.10.2) of the jQuery library. LayerSlider requires at least version 1.7.0 or newer. If you are using the WordPress version of LayerSlider, you can try out the “jQuery Updater” plugin from the WP plugin depository. If you don’t know what to do, you can write us a private message from our CodeCanyon profile page. We need a temporary WP admin account (or a temporary FTP account in some cases) to solve this issue.

I have already donwloaded and installed the “jQuery Updater” but there are no changes at all.

Did you get an answer ????

Regards.

Dominique

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

^ This is a result of either your theme or a plugin using their own version of jQuery (which is really bad practice). I’m guessing LayerSlider checks for a minimum jQuery version and the check doesn’t take into account the number 1.10. Easy mistake, but if you’re using WordPress, your site should be using the current default WordPress jQuery version anyway, which is 1.8.3. So whoever’s loading in 1.10 (could be theme, could be another plugin) needs to load in the default WP jQuery instead and your problem will be solved.

224 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
WPAlchemy says

It looks like layerSlider is confusing version 1.10 with 1.1 and so, giving you an old version error. The thing is, WP doesn’t include jquery 1.10 by default, so you should ask about this to your theme’s developer (or maybe some other plugin replacing it).

You should disable your other plugins, one-by-one, see what plugin is the one causing this problem. If none of the plugins is, then its most likely the Theme.

2 posts
aryanduntley says

This issue is a result of worpdress’ 3.6 release which includes jQuery 1.10. Layer Slider dev guys need to update their plugin and fix their jquery compatibility check to account for 1.10. (mabe remove all decimals, then check version with greaterthan-equalto). F’ed up the devs arent’ replying. Can’t seem to find this jquery check in the code to fix.

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

It’s not a plugin developers fault, if his plugin does not function with latest jQuery build.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
frankiedj says

I also have the same problem- my email is: info@geniuxx.de

will send you wpadmin details

6 posts
drbotts says

Having the same problem this morning.