63 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Kronris says

I just contacted the author of the “Layer Slider WP” and he said that if we (authors) buy an extended license for (example) slider plugin, we can redistribuite that slider into an our theme. So this feature hasn’t changed yet. :)
Very good news :D

203 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

I just contacted the author of the “Layer Slider WP” and he said that if we (authors) buy an extended license for (example) slider plugin, we can redistribuite that slider into an our theme. So this feature hasn’t changed yet. :)

As far as I understood from the “New Marketplace License Discussion” post, I think this is not possible as long as the author of “Layer Slider WP” is an exclusive author.

jayc

2273 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

no, there are new rules in effect, read the new license descriptions – it has to be an agreement between the authors, no license required, as it has to be an exclusive resell agreement (make your own terms) privately and nothing to do with Envato now.

This is what was said when I read the thread last night – haven’t checked since.

63 posts
  • Located in Italy
Kronris says

no, there are new rules in effect, read the new license descriptions – it has to be an agreement between the authors, no license required, as it has to be an exclusive resell agreement (make your own terms) privately and nothing to do with Envato now. This is what was said when I read the thread last night – haven’t checked since.

Are you sure? So i’m able to resell that item? Because he gave me his permissions to resell that if i buy the extended license!

625 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Just because he’s saying that doesn’t mean it’s true.

As for as i understand the new policy this is not allowed. And i’m glad about it. If authors build and sell a theme TF needs to make sure the authors themselfs build nice features, not just include premium plugins.

Otherwise the ‘authors’ could only build a bold wordpress theme that might as well just be a html template.

I hope there will be some proper clearifcation about this

625 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

no, there are new rules in effect, read the new license descriptions – it has to be an agreement between the authors, no license required, as it has to be an exclusive resell agreement (make your own terms) privately and nothing to do with Envato now. This is what was said when I read the thread last night – haven’t checked since.

Well, if that’s the case then the authors who make such agreements and licenses outside of Envato, then they can NOT be exclusive authors anymore with their items.

Otherwise everybody can also start selling their stuff anywhere else and say it’s some sort of extended license or whatever.

It shouldn’t be so hard really:

- Exclusive item? : Only TF - No more premium exclusive plugins in themes - Reject themes with premium themes included

63 posts
  • Located in Italy
Kronris says

Just because he’s saying that doesn’t mean it’s true.

As for as i understand the new policy this is not allowed. And i’m glad about it. If authors build and sell a theme TF needs to make sure the authors themselfs build nice features, not just include premium plugins.

Otherwise the ‘authors’ could only build a bold wordpress theme that might as well just be a html template.

I hope there will be some proper clearifcation about this

You are right! I hope that too, because the actual article isn’t really claer :)

2273 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Well, if that’s the case then the authors who make such agreements and licenses outside of Envato, then they can NOT be exclusive authors anymore with their items.

Otherwise everybody can also start selling their stuff anywhere else and say it’s some sort of extended license or whatever.

- Exclusive item? : Only TF - No more premium exclusive plugins in themes - Reject themes with premium themes included

What I said came directly from staff in the new thread discussing the new licenses – however you bring up a very good point – indeed if an agreement is made for monetary gain by an exclusive author outside of the marketplace he would, according to the terms and conditions, be defaulting on his exclusivity.

Interesting and I would post this question in the license discussion thread for sure if you wish to get things cleared up as the answer will obviously have to come direct from Envato.

UPDATE: I just flagged for a staff reply

63 posts
  • Located in Italy
Kronris says

What I said came directly from staff in the new thread discussing the new licenses – however you bring up a very good point – indeed if an agreement is made for monetary gain by an exclusive author outside of the marketplace he would, according to the terms and conditions, be defaulting on his exclusivity.

Interesting and I would post this question in the license discussion thread for sure if you wish to get things cleared up as the answer will obviously have to come direct from Envato.

UPDATE: I just flagged for a staff reply

Thank you jonathan, i just posted on the official license discussion, but they all say different things with each other! It’s very so confusing! Wait for an Envato Staff answer :)

365 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

First post on this page. So if you have author permission you can purchase what Author want and use it. Just for example Author may ask you to purchase 10 extended licenses, or Author may ask you to transfer money directly. So you just need to talk with plugin’s Author

by
by
by
by
by
by