1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Question: how will you allow your buyers to upgrade with new versions of the plugin for any of these ‘premium’ sliders – as a buyer cannot download when there is an update and this could cause their sliders to stop working in the future if something breaks due to a jQuery update or WP update etc.

Just curious as this is why I do not include any plugins from CC.

Jonathan

Simple, we as the author will grab the latest update of that plugin and re-packaged it with our theme, outline it in the changelog and upload to TF. At least thats how I’m doing it, with my themes that were grandfathered in before the new license changes.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
simonben says

Revolution slider gets hammered by Google Insights for the size of its .js files. Never used the other one, may try it.

374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WPWiseOwl says

I use neither one. I prefer Slider PRO available here at CC. Each to their own. ;-)

So I really appreciate when theme authors who do it this way ( or similar ) – http://tgmpluginactivation.com/

Otherwise, it’s usually just extra theme bloat when it doesn’t get used. It’s almost like the addition of crap ware onto a new store bought PC that you never get the chance to opt out of. Ha, ha. :-)

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

So I really appreciate when theme authors who do it this way ( or similar ) – http://tgmpluginactivation.com/ Otherwise, it’s usually just extra theme bloat when it doesn’t get used. It’s almost like the addition of crap ware onto a new store bought PC that you never get the chance to opt out of. Ha, ha. :-)

That’s exactly the way I do it, as should any author including plugins with their themes.

374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
WPWiseOwl says

That’s exactly the way I do it, as should any author including plugins with their themes.

Good on you, Chris. Sadly, it’s not been very prevalent in my experience. I’ll try to remember you for future purchases now. ;-)

63 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Kronris says

So I really appreciate when theme authors who do it this way ( or similar ) – http://tgmpluginactivation.com/ Otherwise, it’s usually just extra theme bloat when it doesn’t get used. It’s almost like the addition of crap ware onto a new store bought PC that you never get the chance to opt out of. Ha, ha. :-)
I agree, think this is best way to include sone plugin in your theme!
621 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

I agree, think this is best way to include sone plugin in your theme!

This is indeed a very nice way and maybe also the best for the plugin authors. Let theme buyers buy a regular licence if they want to use the plugins… or would that be unclear for buyers?

68 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
vazz says

So I read all pages but still don’t get it. Is it allowed or not to include sliders from CodeCanyon in themes/templates?

546 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

So I read all pages but still don’t get it. Is it allowed or not to include sliders from CodeCanyon in themes/templates?

Yes, if the author of the item allows it. No, if he/she doesn’t.

68 posts
vazz says

Ok, kriskorn, thanks so much.

by
by
by
by
by
by