1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Hungary
dentiszt says

Hi,

I know this is a boring topic but I’d like to start WordPress development especially to sell WP themes on themeforest.

I know HTML and CSS and some JS. And I think I can create designs in PS which looks great. (in my opinion at least…)

Can you give me some ideas how I should start it?

I’m a university student so I have time to learn it, and it would be a great income during these years. I know it’s a hard work but I’d like to give it a try.

Let’s say I start learning it now and I can spend 4-5 hours a day to learn it. How much time does it take until I can create a great theme which is salable? I would use existing plugins/codes etc. So bascally what I want to create is a simple theme which looks good and I can earn some money with it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Why not start by selling HTML templates if you know how to write code? That would give you income while learning (check out tuts.net for some good tutorials), and you might be able to partner with someone on the WP versions and learn from them?

30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Frenki says

I agree with Charlie. If you can design themes for TF, start with html versions, and then you can slowly work on WP yourself.

by
by
by
by
by
by