7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
stkrwanted says

Well i’m a newbie and want to learn web designing, i have my summer vacations coming up so i’m thinking of doing something but the problem is i dont know from where to start, html, css, java, javascript,actionscript,jquery, xml,html5, can anyone tell me the ordered way to learn web designing from being a beginner to advanced level, i mean what steps should i follow?

3582 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Start with basic HTML and CSS then move to Javascript then PHP and go form there. To be honest from complete beginner and over summer vactions you will do well to get competent in HTML/CSS/JS basics.

529 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

As Charlie said HTML and CSS first, then it’s up to you, but probably Javascript and then PHP. You can start here – http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tag/basix/

3582 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

That’s a really good link to follow from Kriskorn. Also check our http://codeacademy.com if you want an interactive way to learn.

One thing to remember is it is REALLY important to nail down your basic skills in the core stuff or you will find yourself falling down later. It is exciting to learn but it takes time and patience to do it properly especially if your ultimate goal is to sell on here. Good luck with your learning!

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
stkrwanted says

thanks for ur replies, and yeah i DO want to sell here,

420 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
Jaynesh says

teamtreehouse is also a good website for learning.

After you learn the basics, I would recommend you work on your own live personal website instead of going through dozens of tutorials explaining how to create website elements. You will make a lot of mistakes but you will learning why it’s a mistake and how to solve it.

2145 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

I would say dive in to html5 and css3 then jquery. I would do PHP later. There are alot of good tut sites that you can learn from. The main thing is that you enjoy what you doing.

Cheers and good luck

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by