9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
DexPedition says

Hello,

i want to change my Leetpress gaming theme (because 50% of the stuff doesn’t work and the guy stopped updating it) to the new Apollo Magazine theme http://themeforest.net/item/apollo-modern-magazine-newspaper-template/3566316

In Leetpress gaming theme there is a integrated review system, if i activate the Apollo theme will all the review automaticly import into Apollo? or will they be removed? I don’t want to buy the theme before i know this for sure will work properly, please help :)

5633 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

You’ll probably want to contact the author of that theme through their profile page. You can find the profile page by clicking the author avatar on the product page. They may be able to help. Thanks!

3266 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Hello,

i want to change my Leetpress gaming theme (because 50% of the stuff doesn’t work and the guy stopped updating it) to the new Apollo Magazine theme http://themeforest.net/item/apollo-modern-magazine-newspaper-template/3566316

In Leetpress gaming theme there is a integrated review system, if i activate the Apollo theme will all the review automaticly import into Apollo? or will they be removed? I don’t want to buy the theme before i know this for sure will work properly, please help :)

It really depends on how Leetpress handles the reviews, most likely Custom Post Type so the data will still be there but may not display properly(the system will def be gone) either way

also I dont see a buyers badge, which is possibly why the author of Leetpress isnt responding and you cannot get a update

9 posts
  • Located in Spain
DexPedition says

You’ll probably want to contact the author of that theme through their profile page. You can find the profile page by clicking the author avatar on the product page. They may be able to help. Thanks!

Hello Kingdog (awesome name btw) unfortunately Leetpress theme owner hasn’t replied since years to any comment and the Apollo theme creator says he doesn’t know Leetpress very well… i asked him again, also email him but i fear the worse

Thank you very much for your reply :)

9 posts
  • Located in Spain
DexPedition says

Hello,

It really depends on how Leetpress handles the reviews, most likely Custom Post Type so the data will still be there but may not display properly(the system will def be gone) either way

also I dont see a buyers badge, which is possibly why the author of Leetpress isnt responding and you cannot get a update

Hello OrganicBeeMedia

True, i haven’t purchased LeetPress through themeforest, a friend bought it for me as a gift (yes, he really payed for it and no, im not lying… im a honest guy. i would never pirate anything)

What is a good way of finding out what review system type Leetpress uses? Any suggestions on how to find out?

Thanks for you’re reply

74 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Taaz says
Hello, I have this url fresh in my history from another thread around here, http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/theme-development/innovative-uses-of-wordpress-post-types-and-taxonomies

If you’re willing to spend the time to learn rather then hire a developer that’s a good place to start. Basically what’s going on with any reviews post is there’s no standard code for theme developers to define their custom post types (i.e: review posts), so variables and naming/labeling isn’t going to match up from theme to theme making it hard to simply upload a new theme and have everything magically work.

Unless there’s some strangely odd coincidence that these two themes used the same code for their post types, then it’s very possible a developer will have to run through multiple (or maybe just one) .php files from the new theme and make modifications, perform some debugging, and walah. It’s definitely possible.

Anyways, you better start making purchases of your own or post with the account that made a purchase otherwise support might not be as friendly next time :-)

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Do not open more threads about the same thing please:
http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/new-theme-and-old-theme-compatibility/85036

We get what you are asking but until you and your friend that gave you the theme talk to the authors (who may not know the other theme well enough to be able to help you) then you are unlikely to get v far.

As Taaz rightfully said it is extremely unlikely that the custom post types in 2 different themes are defined in the same way. The plugin queries you had in the other thread should not be a big problem if you are just changing themes and not reinstalling Wordpress and assuming you plan to use the same pages and plugins on the new theme. That said again it depends how the plugin operates.

Bottom line whatever the authors can shed on on it, and assuming it is even possible then I would be almost certain there is going to be some PHP modifications and cleaning up to do so unless you understand how to do that you would be best off hiring an experienced freelancer.

Good luck

by
by
by
by
by
by