8 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
sherifsaleh
says

Dose anybody try to upload any item coded with less or sass ?

Dose it pass the approval ?

Is it Recommended to use usual Stylesheets, which buyers are more familiar with it ?

Any additional notes about this topic ?

Thanks

4483 posts ThemeForest Senior Reviewer
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 3
  • Envato Team
+14 more
Ivor
Envato team
says

Use it only for development, once you finish your css go ahead and copy the compiled code into your theme. I use less for my projects and I’ll use it for my future themes. Just make sure you remove all the .less files before uploading.

789 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • United States
  • 5 Years of Membership
+4 more
GravityDept
says
Ivor said
Just make sure you remove all the .less files before uploading.

Not sure why that’s required. Wouldn’t LESS /SASS/SCSS-savvy developers appreciate having this? As long as the compiled CSS is included it shouldn’t make any difference.

364 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
chrisfay
says
GravityDept said
Ivor said
Not sure why that’s required. Wouldn’t LESS /SASS/SCSS-savvy developers appreciate having this? As long as the compiled CSS is included it shouldn’t make any difference.

I was planning on doing that for my next release actually – so will a submission be rejected for including sass/less files?

4483 posts ThemeForest Senior Reviewer
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 3
  • Envato Team
+14 more
Ivor
Envato team
says
GravityDept said
Ivor said

Well, yes! It shouldn’t be a problem if you include the files, it doesn’t really matter. I personally remove the files to avoid confusion.

4 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
madeirense71
says

What would be the best way to do this with sass? Lets imagine I take on the smaccs approach and create a sass folder on my theme root then create folders for the layout, base, etc in order to achieve a better organized structure. How would I then make these files output the csss in an organized way on the style.css? The way I am doing it now the sass outputs to master.css file in a css folder also in my theme root. But I guess this is not the way to go about this, it should output to the style.css, even for child theme support or am talking nonsense? Any lights on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

by
by
by
by
by
by