114 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Teo_nikif says

I was worrying too about the sales on the last month, but if you think of it a bit deeper you can not possibly have a statistic analysis with 10 sales average per week, because 2 sales up or down, which is logical, will give you an 20% difference. The only ones that can give us an answer, are those authors that have more than 200 sales per week average and are still actively uploading items every month.

844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Personally I had a very bad month this May, but then again I didn’t upload any killer items either.

Nevertheless, sales were about half of what they were in April. Even with a relatively smaller portfolio like mine that is quite an important difference.

Let’s see what June brings :)

Cheers

Chris

148 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CipheredDesigns says

Hey Chris, hoffe Dir geht es gut ;-)

Even if you upload a “killer” item, it will go under within one or two days. And that is the point! I´m really talking about high quality items and unique graphical creations, seems like they´ll never earn the deserved attention again due to the MASS uploads!!! It´s so obvious and I´ve already written about this fact in previous posts. You don´t need to own a crystal ball or hire a medium to predict the future. Times when buyers could easily find and buy the real good stuff are gone…

844 posts
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Hey Chris, hoffe Dir geht es gut ;-) Even if you upload a “killer” item, it will go under within one or two days. And that is the point! I´m really talking about high quality items and unique graphical creations, seems like they´ll never earn the deserved attention again due to the MASS uploads!!! It´s so obvious and I´ve already written about this fact in previous posts. You don´t need to own a crystal ball or hire a medium to predict the future. Times when buyers could easily find and buy the real good stuff are gone…

Hey Ciphered, immer doch :)

I completely agree. In fact I also argued this already over a year ago. The marketplace keeps growing and it keeps growing at a fast pace. The more it grows the more difficult it will be to find your items. In a couple of years time it will be like some of the stock photography sites where you have a portfolio of 5000 items and sell 2 a month – that’s the nature of these marketplaces.

That was also why I was pretty disappointed when I saw that Envato changed their policy from quality to quantity.

Remember how one and a half years ago we’ve all shaking in our boots every time be uploaded a new item because we feared it would not meet the “new stringent quality guidelines”. I don’t think any of us has these worries these days – anything seems to get accepted!

And I know it’s not nice to always bash on the vector and logo authors. Vectors and logos have their place and the purpose, in fact I purchase them myself. However I don’t think that a “vector heart shape” is in any way comparable to a “commercial trifold brochure”. I think they are completely different markets and until they get separated GR is just one huge convoluted mass of stock items instead of a premium quality graphic design marketplace.

It’s a real pity. If you check my author interview from about 18 months ago you will see that that was the one thing I was most impressed with when I first came here. Therefore the disappointment is double!

Cheers

Chris
279 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
candeed says

@CipheredDesign and @Chrisatlemon :

So what should authors do now ? Promote their items themselves and refer buyers here ? What is the solution ?

151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
soundgridmedia says

i see each flyer on page 1 – 5 and looks in sales number but majority of it still no sales ,but what i learn is the buyer still love shinny things. maybe trying another stuff where things are not get too satruated. like indesign stuff.

844 posts
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Promoting the items has always been a good idea in any case :)

We are paying such a big share of our earnings to Envato because it was understood that Envato also promotes our files. As it stands of course they continue promoting the marketplaces, but the effect has decreased dramatically because we now share it with so many other authors and files.

That’s just the nature of the beast…

Cheers

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by