47 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
GreenTreeLabs says

Now that we can see who rated what, it would be strongly useful if we, authors, could contact users. I just got a rating (3 stars) because the customer wasn’t able to do an operation that instead is supported by my plugin! It’s crazy I can’t contact him to say: hey, you haven’t seen the setting, but it’s just there, I can explain it, so maybe you’ll review the rating you game.

Does it make sense??

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Hunting a buyer for a better rate is not good for the marketplace. So, no, it won’t happen.

43 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belgium
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
rakinjakk says

+1 I’ve thought about this a great deal, too. I think there are too many disadvantages that come with an unlimited contact system. However, a system where buyers could opt in to receive messages from the seller would benefit both sides.

It would be easy enough to make sellers agree to a code of conduct which states that abuse will not be tolerated, otherwise it might generate even more support tickets (complaints) to an already overburdened support team.

Overall, yes good idea but it requires a brainstorming session @ Envato :)

52 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
preciouscoder says

my buyer rate 1 star because host don’t support my script :(

47 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
GreenTreeLabs says

Hunting a buyer for a better rate is not good for the marketplace. So, no, it won’t happen.

Hunting? Are you joking?

111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
WordpressGurus says

@ Hunting a buyer for a better rate is not good for the marketplace. So, no, it won’t happen.
LOL You’re funny.

If it is not the possibility to contact buyers, then envato should introduce :
Rating Dispute System.

1030 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

Now that we can see who rated what, it would be strongly useful if we, authors, could contact users. I just got a rating (3 stars) because the customer wasn’t able to do an operation that instead is supported by my plugin! It’s crazy I can’t contact him to say: hey, you haven’t seen the setting, but it’s just there, I can explain it, so maybe you’ll review the rating you game. Does it make sense??

In this case You should use your Support tab for that item and write there some FAQ’s to prevent further bad ratings.

I think it is not a good Idea to let authors the possibility to contact buyers directly, because it could end with spamming from authors about new items and so on.

281 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
Deep_Blue says

Bad idea IMO.. some authors will spam clients trying to sell their items.

However there is another option: allowing contacting reviewers only (who rated your items) through a private message and without revealing the email of the client.

106 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
nutzumi says

Here my story, last month I got 3 stars at one of my Email template with a comment said not thing relevant to my item at all. the buyer said my PPT (I guess that mean PowerPoint) have no animation. :impatient: . buyer even said I’m not planing to adding it and some other thing that made me confuse a lot?! However, I’ve contact staff to ask buyer for me but there is no response from buyer(for a month). so I ask them is it possible to remove this misunderstanding rate. Sadly they refuse because buyer brought a lot of item already he/she not a newbie. and that not break the rule. so I’ve to let it be, nothing I can do :asleep::)

47 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
GreenTreeLabs says

Bad idea IMO.. some authors will spam clients trying to sell their items. However there is another option: allowing contacting reviewers only (who rated your items) through a private message and without revealing the email of the client.

Yes, that’s what I meant.

Even in Google Play the authors can reply to comments! And I don’t think at Google they do things without thinking….

by
by
by
by
by
by