3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Each day an author waits for his money, a baby seal dies in the hands of a hunter.
One does not have a graphic editor open without telling true stories!!
4643 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

^ Fake :D For the sake of baby seals and pigeons, please pay us on time Envato so we can buy stuff for people we don’t really like on Christmas.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

So they said, a new slogan was born: Pay early, save a pigeon.
I started laughing like maniac when i read this… :D

You find this funny? They’re coming after you.
Regrouping phase.

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

So they said, a new slogan was born: Pay early, save a pigeon.
I started laughing like maniac when i read this… :D

+1 Love it.

I’ve also got to agree with DS i’m afraid. It’s kinda standard that payments are made during the working week so it doesn’t surprise me that they don’t run on the wknd. Sure i’ve been paid on the wknd by clients but I wouldn’t want to do that on the wknd.

Alot of people pay everyone on the last Friday of the month, maybe they could do that?

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Each day an author waits for his money, a baby seal dies in the hands of a hunter.
One does not have a graphic editor open without telling true stories!!

pahahahahahaha :D actually laughed out loud when I saw that :D thanks for the giggles :P

3053 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

lol @ save the pigeons!

well, if they “pay” us on a weekend, most payments will still not be processed until Monday morning when the banks open. So they will have to pay an extra person to come open up the office to process payments (handle automated errors or bounces) when most of the money will still sit in limbo until Monday anyway.

I don’t know what it’s like in other countries, but have you ever tried to send an electronic bank transfer 9pm Friday? It wont get anywhere until Monday. Same with PayPal withdrawals.

It’s all about perspective, currently we are paid once a month. Sometimes the gap is 1/30th of a pigeon longer or shorter than the last gap.

5349 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

^ Not sure about some of the other payment methods but Paypal payments are instant.

I guess the Paypal debit card isn’t available in some countries, but when you have one there’s no need to transfer money to your bank. I imagine the same would be true for Payoneer.

Also, if a payment we’re “queued” on the weekend it would be processed by the bank Monday morning. Personally I don’t ever receive the payment until after 5pm Melbourne time. And if this is true for everyone else, it means the actual bank processing always takes place the following day. So technically everyone who does bank transfers would still get their payments one day faster.

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Obviously payments aren’t done manually.

As far as I’m aware, at least for Paypal, a mass payment file needs to be download, broken up into batches of X payment lists and uploaded to PayPal manually.

I could be wrong with that, but that’s why I always thought Payments on weekends weren’t made, as it’d require a staff member to process it.

I have no idea how it works for the other payment methods.

455 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
Nissim_Payoneer says

^ Not sure about some of the other payment methods but Paypal payments are instant. I guess the Paypal debit card isn’t available in some countries, but when you have one there’s no need to transfer money to your bank. I imagine the same would be true for Payoneer.

Payments to the Payoneer card are available in minutes, if you select an immediate load to your card. This would be the same even on weekends.

The Payoneer card is a Prepaid Debit MasterCard Card, and is available to over 200 countries worldwide.

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’ve lost more than $200 this month because of the delay :D

Of course, world currencies can’t be predicted so my rant has nothing to do with Envato’s weekend delay. Sometimes i win with the delay :)

by
by
by
by
by
by