265 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
girlscancode says
its good but it does kinda advertise the fact that there are stolen files out there…
Well, yeah, but if we ignore the problem, it’s not going to just disappear :) Besides, this button is for authors here. I bet you $1000 that who is an author here is less inclined to go out there and get pirated copies of the goodies we have on the marketplaces. The reason is they know what hard work looks like. Same thing goes for 90% of the buyers here!

Yes, but 90% of buyers in here, were sometimes users out there. And users out there, can find stuff for free because they don’t know about the marketplace.

Removing the files from the stolen sources, would incline more people to use Envato’s marketplaces instead of (SITENAME REMOVED ) ;)

Oh, but I was not saying not to remove the files, of course they have to be removed! I was just saying that we need to have that “report stolen files” button on our accounts, because it’s purpose would be more important than the risk to “advertise” the fact that there are stolen files

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says
its good but it does kinda advertise the fact that there are stolen files out there…
Well, yeah, but if we ignore the problem, it’s not going to just disappear :) Besides, this button is for authors here. I bet you $1000 that who is an author here is less inclined to go out there and get pirated copies of the goodies we have on the marketplaces. The reason is they know what hard work looks like. Same thing goes for 90% of the buyers here!

Yes, but 90% of buyers in here, were sometimes users out there. And users out there, can find stuff for free because they don’t know about the marketplace.

Removing the files from the stolen sources, would incline more people to use Envato’s marketplaces instead of (SITENAME REMOVED ) ;)
Oh, but I was not saying not to remove the files, of course they have to be removed! I was just saying that we need to have that “report stolen files” button on our accounts, because it’s purpose would be more important than the risk to “advertise” the fact that there are stolen files

You mean that the button should be visible just to the envato members, right?

265 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
girlscancode says

Yes, that would be nice because only envato members have the interest to press it if they find a stolen file. I don’t see a random internet user finding one of these files and entering envato just to report it stolen :)
3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says

Yes, that would be nice because only envato members have the interest to press it if they find a stolen file. I don’t see a random internet user finding one of these files and entering envato just to report it stolen :)

hmm… got it. Totally agree with that.

1600 posts Building the Web.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
ZoomIt says

+1 on the Report Copyright Infringement button

Does not really give the idea that something is stolen.

243 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Web-Culture says

You guys are worried the button will leads users to find the free file instead of buying it here ? I think this thread is drawing more attention then a simple button would.

I personally think the button should be added to the support page or they should add a new infringement page.

3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says
You guys are worried the button will leads users to find the free file instead of buying it here ? I think this thread is drawing more attention then a simple button would.

I’ll remain quite then. :)

4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

The button would be a good idea, nevertheless some people don’t know about the files, most of us do, and from that majority a lot of people want to help remove them.

So a button would be great!

You can add a button saying ” Copyright Infringement “

And inside the text box should be a ” Copyright Infringing Material “

That’s enough. Who understands understands, who doesn’t doesn’t. The basic idea is to help protect the marketplaces!

by
by
by
by
by
by