250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

Yeah I agree this site definitely needs to be harder on the bad templates, I was doing a post on my blog about my favourite 10 themes on ThemeForest and I nearly struggled to find 10 that we’re worthy of a place, now I’m not saying that my themes are the best but there is some really depressingly bad work on the site that needs to be gotten rid of really so that people will start to respect the site more.

I understand that there are a lot of people trying to get into the web design business at the moment and templates are a great way to start (builds up your portfolio and teaches you design practically) but a lot of templates on here wouldn’t even get downloaded on free sites so some quality control is essential now.

Good call Jeffrey :)

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

Quality – Quality – Quality – now all together –
QUALITY – QUALITY – QUALITY – QUALITY – sing along!
Yeaaaah!

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

I think TF needs to sort out its view on censoring its users. I submitted a help ticket a while back about a user on my theme’s page that wouldn’t stop harassing me and TF sent me a response saying they didn’t want the users to feel like they were being censored. This user had made post after repeated post of information that was damaging and rude and nothing was done.

Now in the forums I post a link to someone’s work (I posted it in the forums because I don’t feel its fair to put it on the theme’s page) and say I don’t feel its up to standard quality and that is being frowned upon as being rude or unfair? That just seems like completely opposing viewpoints to me. Its like saying “We don’t want to censor anyone (unless we feel like it)”

35 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
zachlebar says

my bad

i definitely want to foster a welcoming and open community.

consider the message delivered.

i can definitely appreciate the hurt something like that can cause. Again, I apologize, both to the theme designer, and to everyone else.

Now, back to theme designing. :)

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

It seems that not all of the reviewers were informed about quality control. I’m sure you know which theme I’m referring to.

248 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

Really glad to hear the quality is going to be more stringently measured!

I’ve been a huge fan of everything envato-related for ages now, and was extremely excited when the creation of themeforest was announced. However, despite checking virtually every day, I’ve yet to see a template I thought was worth purchasing – It’s not that there aren’t some nice designs, but I’ve yet to see anything special, that was over and above the kind of thing I could produce myself.

For example, I’ve always been an advocate for flashden, regularly recommending colleagues & friends go there for superb flash downloads. However, until now, I’ve been less willing to recommend people come here, as I’ve found myself saying “themeforest sells websites templates you can use for your site… but there aren’t too many nice designs just yet”. I guess it just shows how powerful word of mouth is; I’m just a little disappointed that I’m not in a position where I feel comfortable recommending the site yet (I’m sure this will change).

Anyway, really look forward to seeing some great new designs – and I may even put my money where my mouth is and submit a design or two.

Thanks, Dan

195 posts Aivah
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AivahThemes says

GLAD TO HERE IT .

by
by
by