374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rohan says
There was a request from GR buyers for receipts. This is a receipt I guess.

No:

”==== THIS IS NOT A TAX RECEIPT OR INVOICE ====”

2201 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says
There was a request from GR buyers for receipts. This is a receipt I guess.

No:

”==== THIS IS NOT A TAX RECEIPT OR INVOICE ====”

Ah…

499 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
TutelageSystems says

This is a nice feature. It looks like they want to use it for support items (say refund on an item. Give support your license number and they will look it up under your account)...

Maybe?

1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey guys, it’s meant as a proof of purchase for the license, as Arik said there were some requests for a document to prove a person had bought the license.

We’re currently looking at the whole way of verifying purchasors for authors, so hope to have something to say on that subject soonish too!

3096 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

So good! I was just implementing my own license manager.

Product activation is done via emailing me through my contact page. The php script reads the item purchase page from the link that is sent along with the email. This generates a license bound to the host name they are running the script from. If the script is used on a different host name, the license doesn’t match so a message is displayed and I’m notified via email.

Won’t stop the hardcore coder, but a good deterrent.

If envato were to implement some api, even a very limited one, that allowed a script to interact with license data that would be AMAZING :)

my 2c

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

If envato were to implement some api, even a very limited one, that allowed a script to interact with license data that would be AMAZING :)

my 2c

+1

499 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
TutelageSystems says
Hey guys, it’s meant as a proof of purchase for the license, as Arik said there were some requests for a document to prove a person had bought the license. We’re currently looking at the whole way of verifying purchasors for authors, so hope to have something to say on that subject soonish too!

+1 Even just giving us authors a verification on a certain item (user gives us a license code, then we paste it in to that items validator, and it returns Validated/Not Validated).

I have a user who emailed me not through my profile page, yet there is no way to verify that they bought it unless I specifically ask them about it…

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
Hey guys, it’s meant as a proof of purchase for the license, as Arik said there were some requests for a document to prove a person had bought the license. We’re currently looking at the whole way of verifying purchasors for authors, so hope to have something to say on that subject soonish too!

Thanks for the heads up Collis.

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says
Thanks for the heads up Collis.

Yes this was really helpful :)

1734 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
Hey guys, it’s meant as a proof of purchase for the license, as Arik said there were some requests for a document to prove a person had bought the license.

I was just about to post a thread about why aren’t we getting an actual license when we purchase a file, and I saw this thread. :D

It was about time and I was really wondering about licenses, it was very very unprofessional not having a written one! The only way you could prove that you have a license was to show a screenshot of the download section or something.

Thank you, collis!

By the way, I noticed you are posting on the forums 20 times more often lately, is this a temporary appearance around the Envato birthday? It’s nice for us authors/buyers to have you around. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by