Licence for PREVIEW images in MULTIPLE sites but for sell in Envato marketplace (Themeforest)

21 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Italy
Hi-Themes says

Ok guys, I really need your help for this. Please answer just if you know what you are talking about. Please note: I already read this http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq and I also read this http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/watermarked-previews-in-item-previews/60411?page=1#538902

We are building our first theme for themeforest, what I need to know is: If I purchase the Single license of an image/photo (photodune o graphicriver items), and use that image (or more than one) for our first theme sold here (as exclusive author) , just IN THE PREVIEW and not for redistributing in the main file, can this image be used again in our future themes (always in the preview, and sold here on themeforest) ?

Example: Today we build and sell a theme called..uhm.. “FirstTheme”, and we use an image purchased under a single/regular license. Tomorrow we build an other theme and we use the same image, always just in the theme preview. Both themes can be on the same “demo” domain.

I’m getting confused.. becouse License Faq talks about a single license for each end project. But this post (http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/watermarked-previews-in-item-previews/60411?page=1#538902) says :
“Q. If I buy an image from PhotoDune via the Regular or Extended license, can I use the same image for multiple projects or multiple marketplace files that I create/sell? Yes! You may re-use the image you purchase multiple times, for example in multiple item previews.”
7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
mainlydigital says

You can use purchased images on multiple item previews. You can’t distribute them with a theme though.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but You actually can use any image You find on the web, as long as You credit the author.

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Hi-Themes says

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but You actually can use any image You find on the web, as long as You credit the author.

Hello mainlydigital and thanks for your partecipation but it’s not the point. I know about the watermarked items and how I can implement them in a template :) I’d like to tell you that not all the images that you find on the web can be used (even if you report the author or any link), you always have to check to the single file license, everywhere!

By the way, I’d like to keep the attention on my question, that was an other.

3113 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

no you cannot, you need an image with the proper licensing

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Hi-Themes says

Hello chris, please keep the attention on my question! It’s an other, I really would appreciate if you can help :)

3113 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Hello chris, please keep the attention on my question! It’s an other, I really would appreciate if you can help :)

Please read the licensing as its stated, the thread you are referring to is using the old license format

http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq#can-i-use-a-photo-for-different-end-products
7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
mainlydigital says

I meant “preview” as in “demo”. I read a post about it some time ago saying You can use whatever as Your content.

3113 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

I meant “preview” as in “demo”. I read a post about it some time ago saying You can use whatever as Your content.

that doesnt matter you still cannot use “any” image you find on the web, It still needs to have a commercial license to be used, demos/previews are still commercial use even though it isnt being distributed(thats actually a different license)

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Hi-Themes says

@mainly go here http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/122 It’s the abc.

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Hi-Themes says
chrisakelley said

Please read the licensing as its stated, the thread you are referring to is using the old license format

http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq#can-i-use-a-photo-for-different-end-products
Can I use the item in different end products? What about if I buy an extended license? No. Items purchased from the Envato marketplaces are limited to a single end product. The exceptions are images from PhotoDune, and tools (which have their own license).
So, for graphic river’s items it’s not the same? I can’t re-use..for example.. a tablet mockup to use in more than a theme for sell here?
Can I use a PhotoDune item in different end products? Yes. You can use a PhotoDune item in different end products. See the FAQs below for PhotoDune. Our PhotoDune license is a multi-use license. But it’s not a multi-client license, so if you are a freelancer, you’ll need one license per client.
Can I use the same photo for multiple clients?

No. The photo license allows use in multiple end products but is still restricted to a single client. If you’re a freelancer, you’ll need one license per client using the photo.

Example: You can use a photo for one client’s website, business cards, and flyers. You would not use a photo for two different websites for two different clients.

:sick:

Still not clair for me. If I sell different themes on themeforest, can I re-use the same images (with regular license) or have I to buy 1 license for each theme we build? Is themeforest the “single client” in this case?

by
by
by
by
by
by