6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
anilksareen says

GhosTeam, Thanks for your post, like I said we have not been able to use it as the website is not up and running yet, the launch date is the 15th of April. Of course I am willing to pay for the changes/customization, I am just airing my views on the licensing issue as this is a legitimate case and seems only fair that I want 2 end products and therefore should only pay for 2 licenses. We didn’t use the videos made as one face of the cube has an unsuitable picture on it, our only mistake may have been we created them too early and we should have waited until we were positive about every picture in the cube, anyway your comments are noted and we hope Dsign Productions sees these circumstances the same as you and others do, we shall see ….. Thanks again Regards

404 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

So as I said before I don’t think another purchase is needed… License is about terms of use…if you didn’t use it…you haven’t used the License…I think I’m right :) Let’s wait for an official response.

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
408 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

If you didn’t use it? Tomorrow everyone can use that argue.

6 posts
anilksareen says

DsignProductions, We think you can see from popular consensus that this is not the case, there have to be genuine reasons, as such I have described. Look, at the end of the day it’s about a cost of $40 to me that is not warranted, I don’t think I would go to this much trouble and wasting time to get a principle and a point across unless it was warranted, I can’t speak for people that would abuse this or misuse the license but we are not and to that end we asked you in the first place. I think we’ve explained our situation and if you still don’t get it, then I think you need to reassess how you do business, we can easily go elsewhere, we just wanted to get it done from a familiar person….if you look at the change we requested it is for one picture and a word that has turned out to be unusable for our purpose, the only error we may have made is to get the cube made prematurely, otherwise we would not have been in this predicament in the first place, you should actually be pleased that you are getting an extra $50 for a minor change and repeat business. The point made by GhosTeam: is absolutely right, in the definition of a license. So as I said before I don’t think another purchase is needed… License is about terms of use…if you didn’t use it…you haven’t used the License…I think I’m right.

We don’t think it is our responsibility if anyone or everyone says or does this, by way of lying or being deceitful, you have to look into each situation. It appears to me that you just want clients to keep buying licenses from you for no apparent reason, it’s up to you to rectify this as it’s only getting worse for you.

Regards

DsignProductions
408 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

First: I gave you a price of $120 for 2 customized projects.
The general price here on videohive starts at $80/100 for one basic customized project.
Now you say I must be pleased that I get $50 extra for another 2 projects.
The general price for just render a video here on videohive starts at $30/50 for one project.
So please, don’t call me a thief or a money grabber.
I can’t believe you talk about money without any sense.
Second: The only person so far that agrees with you is GhosTeam.
This thread is meant to make things clear, not to fight nor to atack eachother.
A single end product is the final video itself, not a website or wherever you want to use it.
You said to me “I shall let you know tomorrow, hopefully once the file is on-line, thanks for your patience”
The next day you said “All worked well with first project, so can you proceed with second project please.”
Is it that hard to understand that I have questions about that?
I don’t think its my responsibility to resolve your ‘failure’ without asking these questions.
If I want clients keep buying licenses from me for no apparent reason I would start this thread in the first place.
I never said I don’t understand your point of view ether.
I hope I made myself clear because I don’t manage the english language completely.

I suggest we wait for a clear answer from the staff before the situation completely get out of hand.

I thank you

1541 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
dorde says

I don’t think that staff can give you the final answer, but final question: “Whether the client has the final video or not?”.
Author will say: yes.
Client will say: no.
So it’s up to you guys to resolve this. :)

404 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

DsignProductions, I agree with you too :) I just believe him he didn’t use the video..
And by “use” I mean uploaded it, viewed it to a client, played it in an event…anything but letting the video sit in a folder and do nothing with it …

And if he didn’t do anything with the final file you gave him last month, besides deciding that it needs more customization….then you should charge for 2nd customization … why another license?

DsignProductions
408 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

@ Dorde: True, The client has the final video. He don’t deny that.
We made agreements for 2 customized videos – He bought 2 regular licenses – I sent him the final end products – The final videos were good and usable he said – Deal closed.
Now a month later he want another customized end product without paying for a regular licence again.
Technical I believe I am right about everything.

@GhosTeam: Thank you.
I have nothing personal against anilksareen. Even though he attacked me in a ridiculous way.
I just can’t be satisfied with that promise.
Try to see it technical. With personal opinions we’re not getting further.

1550 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

It’s difficult to know who is right but based on written arguments for me looks like customer is absolutely right here. If final products was not publushed or sold it’s still can be considered as the same customization process and it does not matter that last changes were month ago or 1 year ago. Of course author free to charge for additional changes (but not for new license).

Besides licenses and other formal arguments there is business etiquette and work for the name. So why argue so hard instead simply charge for changes and make customer happy? :-)

Best Regards, Andrey

6 posts
anilksareen says

OK, your English is obviously not your strongest point, I have not stated anywhere that you are a thief, I said getting clients to buy licenses when there is no just cause is a money grab, totally different things. I have to keep responding because you bring up points that are completely misleading. First of all the price you gave was because both projects were very similar in nature, you got paid fairly, you can get the same job done outsourced to India for half the price, I came to you purely because you were the author. We are a professional company and we don’t get involved with dialogue such as this. If you take it from a clients point of view you are completely and utterly wrong, we say we have paid but we don’t have a useable end product, period, so your rationale should be fair enough lets get the customer to where he wants to be and help him get there. If you look at your own comments they are far from being fair and understanding, actually from the beginning it seems that you are the client and we should be thankful for your business, when it is the other way around. So please, don’t tell us about being derogatory in any way. You’re assuming that we used the videos, going to your comment: From your post: You said to me “I shall let you know tomorrow, hopefully once the file is on-line, thanks for your patience” The next day you said “All worked well with first project, so can you proceed with second project please.” This was said, if you recall as we were not sure how the load speed would be as it was a big file, we had to test that first or otherwise there was no point in even making the second one and the whole thing would have been a waste of time. They were put online on a private server for testing purposes by our web developers. The 2 modifications we want renders the existing ones useless as if you saw the details you would realize that there is no point in having the 4 as they are so similar. Again this is a matter of common sense. I would only be suspicious if a client wants changes that look as if they want to create another end product that serves a different function altogether, that is why we’re amazed at your comments. If you have anything positive and a way to move forward please post again…..

Regards

by
by
by
by
by
by