• Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

Honestly I dont think Envato cares, look how many request theme authors get with “stylesheet missing” threads, comments and emails to the authors they number in the hundreds a week, yet all it would take is adding a simple notice above the download area/confirmation email/user profile or a notice after purchase

We do care, and that is in the process of being added Chris. It’s something I suggested about 2 weeks ago… but while doing that, we would also like to link to the KB to cover some of the major issues buyers encounter, and that also requires tracking down and slimming it down enough for a buyer not to simply ignore it and flip back to the forum because it’s too much to read.

As for the other issue sevenspark mentioned (and QuanticaLabs before), I will bring it up asap.

Thanks!
This has been an issue for years, and has been brought up by many of the community members way before 2 weeks ago, Actually I mention it in an email with Collis almost 2 months ago and I can prob track down threads with it from years past. So with the track record at hand Im sticking with Evnato doesnt really care, if they did it wouldnt still be an issue after all these years of people publicly mention easy fixes on the forums.

Have you recently actually checked your downloads area Chris? :P \\

@sevenspark, writing up the report as we speak, will update here as soon as I get a reply on it.

Thanks for your patience guys.

3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

Have you recently actually checked your downloads area Chris? :P \\

@sevenspark, writing up the report as we speak, will update here as soon as I get a reply on it.

Thanks for your patience guys.

I see thats solved the issue too http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/strongmissing-stylecss-stylesheetstrong/93994 :-P

2506 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

You know, one of the reasons for which I often frequent your profile is that amazing banner of yours :D

Seriously, it has just been deployed, but placement improvements, size and other tweaks will follow if the current placement doesn’t prove to be efficient.

Once more, thank you for having the patience to see this become a feature. And please don’t mind me mixing in… you know I used to do this before, and now I’m doing it just to make sure issues that were left un-solved finally find their proper place by basically bugging everyone on their specific area of expertise.

p.s: Dev note sent on the License-inclusion issue.

3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

You know, one of the reasons for which I often frequent your profile is that amazing banner of yours :D

Seriously, it has just been deployed, but placement improvements, size and other tweaks will follow if the current placement doesn’t prove to be efficient.

Once more, thank you for having the patience to see this become a feature. And please don’t mind me mixing in… you know I used to do this before, and now I’m doing it just to make sure issues that were left un-solved finally find their proper place by basically bugging everyone on their specific area of expertise.

p.s: Dev note sent on the License-inclusion issue.

I actually just shot an email to Justin as well(with screenshots)

p.s the banner is a joke between me and another author ;-)

325 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
+2 more
cmoreira says

Started a thread last week related to this also: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/the-new-licence-folder-is-breaking-wp-plugins-clean-install/93365

I got some messages from users who were confused…

3423 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

@cmoreira, sorry didn’t see that.

By the way, has CodingJack’s concern about the licensing language been addressed?

5203 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

@cmoreira, sorry didn’t see that. By the way, has CodingJack’s concern about the licensing language been addressed?

Yup I passed it on the right people and they’re going to work on the rewording. Thanks!

3423 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

By the way, has CodingJack’s concern about the licensing language been addressed?
Yup I passed it on the right people and they’re going to work on the rewording. Thanks!

Great to hear, thanks Travis! :)

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Can we please make this option of automatically including the license folder optional? I’m perfectly happy to manually include the license file. This automatic inclusion is going to create a huge amount of unnecessary trouble for both authors and customers.

We could make it optional, but I’d rather automate it in a way that matches how and where you would place it manually, since we’ve clearly missed something. Can you go into a bit more detail about how the current automated placement fails, and where you’d prefer the files to be automatically placed instead?

I assume this is specific to WordPress plugins (rather than themes), but please let me know if this is not the case.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

I actually just shot an email to Justin as well(with screenshots)

I never got this :/

by
by
by
by
by
by