• Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Hey all,

I’ve confirmed that the latest download package has the /Licensing folder added in the proper directory, and that the package is now installable. Hooray! :)

Thanks so much for your effort on this Justin, Lucas, and all the Envato devs & staff behind the scenes who resolved this issue quickly for us! I really appreciate it.

Now I just need the plugin that was temporarily held (so we could check the download package) to be reviewed so I can get my update out…. ;)

96 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
QuanticaLabs says

Hi,
I also would like to confirm that all is good now and would like to say thank you for solving that so quickly!

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Reviewer
+1 more
Japh Staff says

That’s great to hear guys, glad it’s working as intended :)

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
dpeca83 says

Everything is fine now, our update is accepted and Licences/ folder put as subfolder.

Great job guys :)

306 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+2 more
cmoreira says

I confirm it’s working also. Licensing folder is now inside the plugin folder, not breaking install. Great work guys! Thanks for fixing this.

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

I didn’t notice a change on my items but it wasn’t pressing issue for me so I didn’t say anything. But now that I’ve updated an item I see the change. So my question is, is there going to be a global update for everything? Or will only newly uploaded/updated items reflect the new change?

Similarly, the license text has been updated for my recently updated item (nice!) but for items I haven’t updated in the last week the license text is the same.

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
+4 more

I didn’t notice a change on my items but it wasn’t pressing issue for me so I didn’t say anything. But now that I’ve updated an item I see the change. So my question is, is there going to be a global update for everything? Or will only newly uploaded/updated items reflect the new change? Similarly, the license text has been updated for my recently updated item (nice!) but for items I haven’t updated in the last week the license text is the same.

My understanding is that the /Licensing directory is added when you upload the zip for review, so it’ll only affect items once they are updated. I haven’t heard anything mentioned about a global update.

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Similarly, the license text has been updated for my recently updated item (nice!) but for items I haven’t updated in the last week the license text is the same.

We’re only doing this for new uploads and updates, to remove this step for authors going forward.

220 posts
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
corsonr says

That really sucks, many buyers think my plugins are broken because they try to upload the downloaded file to WP and of course it doesn’t work. Authors are losing credibility because of this auto-addition.

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
+4 more

That really sucks, many buyers think my plugins are broken because they try to upload the downloaded file to WP and of course it doesn’t work. Authors are losing credibility because of this auto-addition.

Did you read through this thread? The devs implemented a solution over a week ago. Just upload a zip that is installable and now the Licensing directory will automatically be added within your plugin directory so that customers can install the download package :)

by
by
by
by
by
by