664 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Hi, I need to understand how the license works when I buy an item that has several and different clips.

Example: I buy a logo reveal pack with 3 different logos (different font, textures, colors and animations)... am I allowed to make 3 different end products?

Thank you :)

1562 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+9 more
dorde says

I never thought about it, but according the rules sounds logical that you can.
The rules: one purchase = one single use licence = one end product. But if item contains 3 projects that’s mean that you can render every project once.
If you want to customize one of the projects twice, than you need to buy one more licence. In that case you will feel that you need to pay more because you need only 1 of 3 projects, so… advantages and disadvantages of projects packs are so obvious.

664 posts
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Hey Dorde thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify a bit more:

if I buy a logo reveal with a slight variation (eg: dark and bright version) or a photo gallery with presets for 12 or 20 pictures I’m allowed to render once.

If I buy a pack of 6 backgrounds (just different colors but same animation) or 6 different logos I can use them on 6 different end products.

Is this correct? Thanks again :)

3960 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

@andrus9000

Little tricky question :) i think you can’t use item in 6 different end products with single purchase. 1 regular license is only for 1 end product. For Example: You purchase 1 regular license for “backgrounds pack that contains 6 files” If you don’t like Blue background you can change it anytime with Red or Green background from that pack but just for the 1 end product not 6 different products.

Correct me if i am wrong.

664 posts
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Miseld I’m tricking my brain with this quesiton… thanks

So I can use different backgrounds or logo reveals on the same product… let’s say I can periodically change the look of a logo reveal but it must be the same work or product

3960 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

Miseld I’m tricking my brain with this quesiton… thanks So I can use different backgrounds or logo reveals on the same product… let’s say I can periodically change the look of a logo reveal but it must be the same work or product

Exact

7650 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

each item can be used for one project only. this are the official rules.

while said this, envato accepts bundle types of projects that will certainly be used for multiple projects. They are just saying without words: “We know you will use this item for multiple projects, go ahead, get this bundle/package item, have fun”

Is like with cars. Most of the countries have speed limits and there is no road where you can go faster that, let’s say 100km/h, yet you can buy a new car that go in 400km/h. The rules may tell you that you can’t do it but do your math. (with cars speed and bundle items)

by
by
by
by
by
by