6 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
icarus086 says

Hey Guys,

I’m a little new to this an not sure how it all works with the license. If I buy a template, install it on a site, find that I don’t like it or move it to a different domain… will I be able to use it again.

Is the license for like 1 site at a time or once I upload does it communicate to themeforest or whoever that it’s effectively dead.

Thanks, Icarus086

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

The basic license allows for a one-time usage. For example, if you buy a template and use it for joe.com, you can’t them move on a year later and use it for “kevin.com.”

Alternatively, you may purchase a 10-time usage license, which only costs 3x the cost of the template. This is the smartest move in many cases.

6 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
icarus086 says

Okay, I think I’m understanding. Coming from Joomla! I’m still getting my bearings with all this CMS stuff.

So am I to understand that if I’ve bought a theme, installed it, found that it wouldn’t work properly for the site… that that theme can no longer be used anywhere else? It’s dead?

If so, I’ll know to be extra sure before purchasing next time.

12 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
richcoy says

I would think if your site never went live to the public you could use it again. It would not be unheard of for a client to change their mind during the design phase.

415 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

Well, if you installed it and it didn’t work on that specific domain..you could probably buy better hosting somewhere else and update your DNS to point to your new hosting location.

You get to use the same domain and use the theme as well. I’m guessing you’re referring to Word Press themes? Usually most problems have to deal with PHP4 being offered instead of PHP5 …so simply find a better host from the start.

by
by
by
by
by
by