I got a question from a customer wanting to use a track within a game, his question is if that would be covered by the extended license?
The second question is as follow
“usage of your tracks within a store that is based within the app itself. They wouldn’t be selling the tracks as such but as additional content for within the game. Users would not be able to download the music to their device or extract the content – it would all be built into the game.”
“If this additional content was to be paid for by the user, would the Extended License cover my client for the use of the tracks?”
“Users would effectively be paying for the art used in the game as well as the programming rather than paying for the actual track itself. The track is just a part of the content.”
Would this all be included in the extended license?
Thanks for any help!
Hi tiam, no need to complicate the issue.
- One free game = one regular license,
- Multiple free games = multiple regular licenses,
- One paid game = one extended license,
- Multiple paid games = multiple extended licenses.
When any kind of payment by the user side is involved, it is covered by extended license.
Regular license covers only free games/apps/videos, which means absolutely free to access and use without any kind of payment involved.
Hope this helps
Thanks a lot for that answer! That cleared things up a bit!!
Very useful post, but i have a doubt.
I’m deploying a free game in the app store.
simple some puzzles and there are some pictures sold with in-app purchase.
So, i read the contract and the wiki but there’s not a real example
Others media marketplaces need extended license only for the content of the payment (in this case the pictures) For instance, the background image doesn’t need the extended license because it is in the free app.
Someone can indicate me the point in the contract that tell about in-app purchase.
thanks and bye Don
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.