A vh customer bought a regular license to run one of my template in a TV commercial.
My question is do he need a regular or extended license for a TV commercial use?
On VH items page it is clearly mentioned :
- Regular Licence a free to view video project (promotional, event, educational, client)
- Extended Licence a film or television production, commercial app, game or other software
BUT , in the license terms :
The Regular License could be used for any of the following:
1. Single advert, whether on radio, TV or the Internet…”
Also, does that apply to my AJ tracks? If anyone want to use our work in a TV commercial around the world he just have to purchase one regular license?
Thanks for your input!
The extended licence is generally for a product that’s for sale. So if you use a template for the titles of a TV program for broadcast, no problem. If you sell that program on a DVD , you need an extended license.
I’ll also flag this thread for staff reply, ‘cos that’s what we’re supposed to do with licensing questions.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.