A vh customer bought a regular license to run one of my template in a TV commercial.
My question is do he need a regular or extended license for a TV commercial use?
On VH items page it is clearly mentioned :
- Regular Licence a free to view video project (promotional, event, educational, client)
- Extended Licence a film or television production, commercial app, game or other software
BUT , in the license terms :
The Regular License could be used for any of the following:
1. Single advert, whether on radio, TV or the Internet…”
Also, does that apply to my AJ tracks? If anyone want to use our work in a TV commercial around the world he just have to purchase one regular license?
Thanks for your input!
The extended licence is generally for a product that’s for sale. So if you use a template for the titles of a TV program for broadcast, no problem. If you sell that program on a DVD , you need an extended license.
I’ll also flag this thread for staff reply, ‘cos that’s what we’re supposed to do with licensing questions.
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Exclusive Author
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations