Hi I need little help with licensing. Sorry english is not my main language.
1) If I am freelance web developer and buy wordpress template with regular license I can:
- a) sell it for one client for fee to create a website for them. (true/false?)
- b) sell it for one client for a fee to create ecommerce site (e-shop) for them. I get paid to create e-shop for them. (true/false?)
- c) but I can’t sell it as a part of the accounting software that I develop for my client who will sell as a product for other users? (true/false?) For that I need extended license?
2) If I buy images or illustrations. I can use them and sell them for my client:
- a) I create one xmas card for my client where I use the image. I get paid to create xmas cart. The client will send the xmas card to their clients for no fee. (true/false?)
- b) I can create youtube video with the illustrations that my client will show on presentations. (true/false?)
- c) I can’t create xmas cards to another company that will resell my xmas card to one client? (true/false?)
- d) I can’t create 1 xmas card that I want to sell to 2 clients.
Is this correct?
- Envato Staff
- Has attended an Envato Live event
- Support Staff
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Community Ambassador
I read it but I want to be sure that I understood correctly. So just to be sure, did I understand correctly?
Here are the answers to your questions
1c) True – You need a extended license
2c) True – You cannot do that
2d) True – You will need to purchase 2 copies of the images