130 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TigerModules says

I want to run this idea past everyone and see what their opinion is on the matter.

Problem I am planning on releasing 10 new CodeCanyon plugins but want to ensure that everyone that has them installed on their WordPress site has actually payed for the product.

Solution Upon Activating the plugin in WordPress the user will be required to enter their Purchase Code, Marketplace API Key and UserName. This information is then sent using the Envato API to validate if the product was purchased. If none of that information is entered (or invalid) then the item will not function.

This will also allow us to provide product updates via the plugins using the Envato WordPress Wrapper.

Is it possible for me to implement the solution that I have proposed without violating any of the Envato T&Cs

3047 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Hey,

Yep many WP plugins (and themes) work this way.

To make it easier for your buyer, I would recommend only asking them for the “Item Purchase Code”. After they input that code, send it to your server and use your API key to verify the purchase with Envato.

Cheers from down the coast,
dtbaker

130 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TigerModules says

Hey dtbaker,

Thanks for your insight on the matter. I never thought about using my own API key, but it makes a great deal of sense and simplifies the process for the end user who has never needed to find their API key.

Thanks again,

TigerModules

by
by
by
by
by
by