78 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+2 more
adiacone says

I noticed there’s a WordPress theme that’s been accepted, although it advertises that it comes with a commercial JW player license.

It is my understanding that third party scripts or players that do not offer a “for resale” license cannot be used in a WordPress theme or site template. Even if the author purchased a commercial license, in the end they are only good for a fixed number of websites.

It’s not my intention to point any fingers here (that’s not me at all), I’m just hoping a reviewer can jump on this thread an provide an answer. Maybe I’m just missing something.

If this is an option, I would love to be able to use JW player or other scripts myself, as that would really help me cut some corners.

Thanks!

1708 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Generally if you have a commercial license, you can resell as part of your software, theme, Audio CD, Video Game, etc.

In some cases, you cannot only sell that, I think that is a limitation that the developer/producer can reserve for himself.

Some developers like this one perhaps does not allow you to resell his work, and before purchase he shows you his terms along with “I agree” checkbox, and HIGHLIGHTING this particular term.

It’s all about the license agreement terms, so even if it is about commercial license and he wants you not to redistribute, well you cannot do that. In this case you have to find another solution that allows you to do what you need.

by
by
by
by
by
by