1173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says
I just checked out a new file that’s V6 and each version doesn’t seem that different from one another.
I don’t remember where this was stated into the agreement, but I’m pretty sure I’m not wrong… then, I don’t know if they really apply this rule… :-)
from the wiki

The maximum number of variations file any author can upload is three. Variations are generally discouraged unless they cannot be accomplished by altering the file after purchase. Variations will only be accepted for sale if they offer a distinct new use to buyers.

If I was mean I could point you to an exception, a big exception to this rule. There is a particular author on GR whose entire 20+ item portfolio is a variation of one graphic element. I really don’t understand why…

5339 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
If I was mean I could point you to an exception, a big exception to this rule. There is a particular author on GR whose entire 20+ item portfolio is a variation of one graphic element. I really don’t understand why…

Well I don’t think the intention here is to call out authors or their files. Instead it’s to discuss the rule. And just to be fair, I don’t think that was ever stated anywhere before the wiki came out which wasn’t that long ago.

by
by
by
by
by
by